Strong field set for the Mailbu...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
And very possibly some value, with the high-profile colt Colonel John entered. That one should pull a lot of money, and it seems to me he has very little chance in there.

Others entered are Bob Black Jack, Into Mischief, Georgie Boy, Guns on the Table, Nownownow, and Golden Spikes. One thing that really caught my eye here is that Rafael Bejarano is not aboard Georgie Boy, but rather Guns on the Table. The reason i find it strange is that Bejarano had previously ridden Georgie Boy to an impressive comeback win going 7 furlongs @ Santa Anita (the same conditions as the Malibu), while Bejarano has never ridden Guns on the Table. Seems odd. Guns on the Table did score a very nice 7-furlong win himself on the Friday Breeders Cup undercard, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    That Is Very Interesting But I Like Into Mischief Because Of That Last Race He Looked Great And If He Sits Right Behind Bobblackjack He Wont Have A Problem...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    SANTA ANITA PARK

Friday December 26, 2008 - Race 8
    Estimated Local Post Time: 3:52 PM
    Name: Malibu S. Grade: 1
    Purse: $250,000
    Distance/Restrictions: 7 Furlongs, Dirt, 3 Year Olds, STAKES

Post Horse and Jockey/Trainer Odds*

1 Into Mischief (KY )
    Victor Espinoza / Richard Mandella 2/1

2 Colonel John (KY )
    Garrett Gomez / Eoin Harty 5/2

3 Bob Black Jack (CA )
    David Flores / James Kasparoff 9/2

4 Golden Spikes (KY )
    Joel Rosario / Martin Wolfson 10/1

5 Nownownow (KY )
    Joseph Talamo / Patrick Biancone 20/1

6 Guns On the Table (KY )
    Rafael Bejarano / Bob Baffert 12/1

7 Georgie Boy (CA )
    Edgar Prado / Kathy Walsh 3/1

*Morning line odds.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I like Bob Black Jack, I think he's ready to run a big one his best races are at SA I don't think he got a very good start last race plus he needed that race, like Trevor says they will need to sprout wings to catch him.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I Think Georgie Boy Drew Well Dont Know Why No Bejarano On Him So Cant Use Him To Win.but If He Likes The Baffert Horse I Will Use Him With Into Mischef @ Colonel John I Think He Is Going To Run A Big Race If It Sets Up
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Bob Black Jack and Into Mischief here for me.
    BBJ should improve a great deal second off layoff, should control the pace, and should love the distance.
    Into Mischief was always a favorite horse of mine and was very impressive last out.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited December 2008
    It's hard to believe all these three year old are on bute.
  • foz1210foz1210 Junior Member
    edited December 2008
    I like Georgie Boy in this spot. Sits off the hot pace of Bob's Black Jack and catches him late. Into Mischief is also dangerous because of stalking style. Foz Fozpicks
  • joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited December 2008
    cat how much is your service now,can i buy todays card-how many plays do you have
    edited December 2008
    The new (old) price is $49 per month. We have 3 plays today...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Bob Black Jack and Into Mischief here for me.
    BBJ should improve a great deal second off layoff, should control the pace, and should love the distance.
    Into Mischief was always a favorite horse of mine and was very impressive last out.

BBJ finishes first at 5-1.
    Into Mischief ran second at 5-2.
    edited December 2008
    Nice call. Nice exacta, too.