"sucker-saturday-beware

edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I just spent an hour looking at this weeks magna pick 5,nobody ever said it would be easy right..last week i went 4--5 in the magna as like most that played i got dumped out in the first leg..heres my expensive tenative ticket as of 6.30 am..
laurel race 9 {2-3-6}
santa anita race 4 {1-3-6-8}
gulfstream race 9 {4-7-10}
golden gate race 4 {1-2--9}
santa anita race 5 {4-5-6-9}

THIS ticket cost $432.00 do i really want to HELL NO but those are my contenders in each leg..I usually get with my fellow degenerates on saturdays and we make a kitty 2 or 3 of us for $50.00 EACH and come up with a mutuel ticket....THE race i may have really found the winner is the golden gate race on paper it appears the #1 horse will set the pace as he did in his last i like two sprinters in here who both ran the last quarter at 6 furlongs in under 24 seconds {THE OLD RULE OF THUMB FOREVER}..#2--9 horses im refering to im hoping these riders show great patience and if the pace is to slow they must go soon...the #5 is cheap and should be winging early im hoping...well thats it i have more handicapping to do so good luck in all your equine endeavors today....

Comments

• cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    I had 4 as well, but that #3 All smiles was the only horse the the field that could beat Dick Small entry with 10 for 13 and 84 Beyers over the track. Igot beat inthe last leg with #12 Delightful Kiss & #7 Dry Martini
  • edited January 2009
    cinfront wrote: »
    I had 4 as well, but that #3 All smiles was the only horse the the field that could beat Dick Small entry with 10 for 13 and 84 Beyers over the track. Igot beat inthe last leg with #12 Delightful Kiss & #7 Dry Martini
    sorry to hear that if we were together betting that ticket we would have cashed as there were only 9 winning tickets in the country..i honestly didnt make that # 3 horse...oh well theres always this week and i have been on a good roll all week and my bankroll is fat..i will see if my buddys and i can agree on a ticket if not i might send it in........chris clements horse at tampa looks like a lock in the 7 furlong stake and he lured centeno on him ,second off the layoff..looks like the key in tri--super bets.good luck..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Mr. Fantasy (the 3/5 favorite) scratched out of the first Laurel race.
    To me, if I had to single in a race in this Magna 5, it'd be Russel Road.
    With the scratch of Mr. Fantasy, he should be extremely tough here. Not to mention going with a single here could drastically reduce the cost of that ticket.

Unfortunately I'm a poor law student and cant afford to play Magna 5's :x-angry:
    Good luck to all who play.