Giant Oak

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Here is a little backstretch info for you all, I was at Neil Pessin barn today for the feeding of Giant Oak right after the Donn Handicapp, and I can tell you one thing this is one big strapping son of G.C. and Neil is handling him at the FG for Chris Block. They are working him 5/8 in the morning and Block will be there for the work. Neil told me nothing real fast early but will finish up real strong. This could be one serious racehorse this coming year. He stands over 16 hands and looks like a 4 yo and not a colt that has just turned 3. Prado is suppose to come in and ride him but if he backs out it will be Jumpin James Graham. I will be on this colt big next weekend in the Risen Star, and Neil invited me and my partner to join them in the winners circle if he comes out on top. This is not there goal but they want to win it and the schedule is as follows in a perfect world below. Neil has a newly turned 3 yo named Gamblers Reward out of Smart Strike and is going to run soon, maybe on Grass or Dirt put in your stable mail along with Apple Martini.

fb

Risen Star

La. Derby

Blue Grass

Ky. Derby

Comments

• peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Fb Ive Been High On This Colt Since Arlington Thanks For The Update He Had No Chance At Keeneland On The Turf Absoultely Blocked. Ibet Him Again At Churchill .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Thanks FB.

Btw, I'd be real interested in anything you hear regarding Captain Cherokee and/or Soul Warrior (both Asmussen).
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Hard to get accurate info from Asmussen barn, one thing I found out yesterday was Auspicious is going to stay sprinting one more time and then route. I still cannot believe Asmussen went off 19-1 in the last at the FG with BJ in the saddel as S.B was off all mounts yesterday and won it over a odds on Stidham.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    fb make sure your socks match for your picture :x-wink:hope all works out
    edited February 2009
    5f 1:00.4 breezing best of 39
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    FB- Apple Martini goes tomorrow.. Any info on how he has looked heading into it?
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Apple Matini has been working fairly decent, Looks like a playable bet in this field. Graham is riding, 10 horse Turf field. Its open for the taking thats for sure!
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    thx Justin:thumbup:
    edited February 2009
    jenroypa wrote: »
    FB- Apple Martini goes tomorrow.. Any info on how he has looked heading into it?

Spoke with Pessin this morning and he said shes in tough tomorrow and they think she will run well. My read on the conversation was she could win or she could run off.

FB
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Spoke with Pessin this morning and he said shes in tough tomorrow and they think she will run well. My read on the conversation was she could win or she could run off.

FB

Apple Martini is running on a Tues? Where?
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Flyin,
    Tuesday, Feb 24
    Apple Martini FAIR GROUNDS 7 Graham, James Pessin, Neil
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    edited February 2009
    Im hearing from the backside that Tears I Cry is real live in this one today.