Sa R1

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
#4 Jen's New Chapter
Last race, same class, same 6 1/2 downhill turf. She was just returning after a year layoff. Ran a fast closing 3rd with NOWHERE to run in the stretch. Both her and Brendolyn faced similar trouble in the race, but I believe the 2nd off layoff should give Jen's New Chapter the extra boost. Pat the Cool Cat, the current 5/2 favorite ran in this same race and was only about a 1/2 length in front of JNC with a much better trip sitting just off the pace with good fractions.

#4 Jen's New Chapter WP
Double 4 w/ 1,4

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    #4 Jen's New Chapter
    Last race, same class, same 6 1/2 downhill turf. She was just returning after a year layoff. Ran a fast closing 3rd with NOWHERE to run in the stretch. Both her and Brendolyn faced similar trouble in the race, but I believe the 2nd off layoff should give Jen's New Chapter the extra boost. Pat the Cool Cat, the current 5/2 favorite ran in this same race and was only about a 1/2 length in front of JNC with a much better trip sitting just off the pace with good fractions.

#4 Jen's New Chapter WP
    Double 4 w/ 1,4

Heatherbabydaddy walked the front fractions and kicked clear. JNC had no run what so ever. Awful effort.
    edited February 2009
    Race 2
    Mark Set Go looks to be the speed of the race. Also outclasses all of the horses except possibly the #3. At 3/5 I don't see myself taking a horse who has disappointed as a favorite last two out. Going to take a try with #3. Might have a better shot here facing weaker in a smaller field with the class drop. Danny Sorenson gives the price.

Small win wager on #3. Exacta Box 1/3.
    edited February 2009
    Race 2
    Mark Set Go looks to be the speed of the race. Also outclasses all of the horses except possibly the #3. At 3/5 I don't see myself taking a horse who has disappointed as a favorite last two out. Going to take a try with #3. Might have a better shot here facing weaker in a smaller field with the class drop. Danny Sorenson gives the price.

Small win wager on #3. Exacta Box 1/3.

#3 Wins and pays $13.
    $1 Exacta pays $13.60

Mark Set Go didn't leave, so my analysis was wrong but picks were right :x-rolleyes:
    edited February 2009
    Race 3
    #4 Inspired Storm
    Horse has the tactical speed that is very helpful to win these downhill turf races. Machowsky is good with horses off layoffs and 1st on grass, both hitting at 24%. Joe Talamo has been picking it up again lately and takes the mount. To top it off the horse posted a very nice workout on the turf a week back.

WP #4 Inspired Storm (Currently at 7-1)
    edited February 2009
    Race 3
    #4 Inspired Storm
    Horse has the tactical speed that is very helpful to win these downhill turf races. Machowsky is good with horses off layoffs and 1st on grass, both hitting at 24%. Joe Talamo has been picking it up again lately and takes the mount. To top it off the horse posted a very nice workout on the turf a week back.

WP #4 Inspired Storm (Currently at 7-1)

Shutoff turning for home and never picked up footing. Ran about 7th.
    edited February 2009
    Race 4
    #1 Closing Speed
    Just missed multiple times at Woodbine. Ships to CA and tries the downhill turf, didnt like it, toss. Back to the AW and has enough speed to be on or right near the lead. Should make the front at top of stretch and try and hold.

Win #1 Closing Speed
    edited February 2009
    #1 Closing Speed scratched last race.

Race 5
    Last race of the day for me, have some errands to run. Going to take a shot against the favorite here and play WP on the 9. Carries low weight, showed early speed in last w quick fractions, and small distance cutback.

WP #9
    edited February 2009
    Day Stats based on $2 Wagers

Win - $8 wagered, $13 returned
    Place - $6 wagered, $0 returned
    Double - $4 wagered, $0 returned
    Exacta - $2 wagered, $27 returned

$20 wagered - $40 returned