Robert B. Lewis Stakes Selection

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
The Robert B Lewis stakes is going to have a majority of the betting public centered on I Want Revenge and Pioneerof The Nile. Bittel Road should also get alot of play after her troubled trip in the CashCall. In my opinion, this was a much weaker CashCall than last year (Last years produced Into Mischief, Colonel John, Monba). The horse that will have my undivided attention is the #8 Shafted. Broke his maiden at first asking after leaving the gate spotting the field. Came back in the Display Stakes where he ran sixth due to a lack of room. This race has proven to be a VERY strong race. Patena came back to run a game second to Fresian Fire in the Lecomte, Hooh Why came out of this race to run second in a stakes 2 weeks back, and Bear's Rocket (finished 4th in Display) came back to run second in the Holy Bull. Shafted leaves that race and came back with a strong allowance race after a rough start.

Heavy WP #8 Shafted
Use in your Pick3's and Gimmicks.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    Good handicapping, FL. I'll likely be sitting this one out, but i'll be rooting for you.

PS - I agree that the Cash Call was weaker than last year. Worth mentioning though that Chocolate Candy and Axel Foley came back to run 1-2 in the California Derby @ Golden Gate.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Will also being playing Nownownow once again in the Strub. Came up huge for me last out and the stretch out/blinkers on combo seemed to be exactly what this horse needed.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    I think that pletcher will take the lewis with bittel road. Nice style of running for the grounds and I have to bet slew tiznow back in the strub good luck to all
    edited February 2009
    Well, Shafted ran awful. Looked to never be comfortable from the get go and had no late kick what-so-ever. Didn't think they wanted him last but he was a bit slow out of the gate.

On the other hand, DAMN Pionerof the Nile looked good. That was one impressive stretch run. I Want Revenge and Bittel Road had every chance (and better trips) but couldnt get it done. Looks like we have 2 possible contenders from CA now (Stardom Bound being the other). Hopefully those 2 lock horns in the SA Derby.
    edited February 2009
    Last wager of the day, hopefully make back some of today's rough losses.

Race 10
    #4 Emerald King
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    pioneer of the nile did look good but I just cant bring myself to play him. I loved the filly comeback race today she looked great just strolling out there today knowing she was no way near 100% cranked up.......