Risen Star selection

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Fair Grounds - Race 9

#2 Indygo Mountain (10/1 ml)

Well-regarded Calhoun trainee went into the LeComte as the 5/2 second choice, but had been scratched out of an allowance race three weeks earlier after reportedly being off in the back end. That cost him not only the prep race but also some training time, then he was unfortunate to hit the gate in the LeComte and was away dead-last. It also didn't help that he was breaking from the far outside post in a race that started right on the turn. Looks like the race was pretty much a throwout, and it's worth noting that Indygo Mountain scored his impressive Churchill win in a similar 2nd-off-the-layoff situation. Gets a much better post-draw here, and should sit a good trip laying right off a moderate pace. Expecting a good performance today.

HRT record:

51 for 179 (28%)

$434.70 mutuels ($8.52 avg)

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    DC, I thought you were on Soul Warrior for the Risen Star?

I was all over Indygo Mountain when I saw the morning line, unfortunately, I'd say we're only going to get about 4-1 on him.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    No, I never said that I was on Soul Warrior. He's just a horse that I've been following (I did give him out in his debut @ Churchill). I do think he's being overlooked here, however. He's a good colt and wouldn't surprise with big effort.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if the Bridgmohan thing has anything to do with the two horses' ownership. The one Bridgmohan landed on is owned by a major Asmussen client. Not sure how much Asmussen deals with Zayat, though he did get J Be K transferred to him last year out of the Baffert barn.
    edited February 2009
    No, I never said that I was on Soul Warrior. He's just a horse that I've been following (I did give him out in his debut @ Churchill). I do think he's being overlooked here, however. He's a good colt and wouldn't surprise with big effort.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if the Bridgmohan thing has anything to do with the two horses' ownership. The one Bridgmohan landed on is owned by a major Asmussen client. Not sure how much Asmussen deals with Zayat, though he did get J Be K transferred to him last year out of the Baffert barn.

Gotcha. Well best of luck to you here. I have both horses in all of my exotics. Taking a stab at leaving Giant Oak out here (P3s and Exactas, used in Tris) and giving him a race even though he's been working so well. Good luck to you. Sorry for mixing up your following a horse as actually making it a selection.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    I guess i should've bet Soul Warrior. He ran better.
    edited February 2009
    I guess i should've bet Soul Warrior. He ran better.

Giant Oak actually impressed me here despite his 5th place finish. Left at the gate, pinballed around a bit, had to pull out widest and rallied quite well off the layoff. Will be a great play next out if he offers any kind of a price.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    PRADO SAID WHEN HE GOT BACK #1 HOLY SHI*** #2 MORE AIR IN RIGHT TIRE #3 WHAT THE FU*K WAS THAT #4 THANKS GOD #5 ONE MORE TIME?? :x-huh: