Youbet.com....what a horrible experience (semi-long)

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
I moved down to school this weekend and without a nearby OTB or track I decided to sign up on youbet.com. I log on the site, sign myself up and activate my account. I had just cancelled my CC so I borrow my girlfriends and deposited my money. Everything is ok so far (other than waiting on the phone 20min to verify the card). They say the money will be on there in a few minutes. Just as I'm handicapping my first race I receive a phone call. They tell me they double drew from the credit card and charged $50 twice on my girlfriends card. I tell them to refund the money on the card and they say ok but it'll take 30 days (wtf?). I tell them to mail a check, but they refuse to mail it to my school address because it isn't listed as my permanent address. Now I'm angry, they have to send a check to my house and I have to have my dad then ship it here for my girlfriend. I blow it off and go to log on to bet my first race just to see my account is locked (now im real pissed). Call and wait again for 20minutes on hold (not to mention the wager I was logging on to play hit). She tells me I'm not allowed to use anyone else's CC to deposit money in my account. I'm thinking to myself "why the hell doesn't it say that somewhere on the deposit page" and the lady isn't helping much at all. Now I have to call back tomorrow when the "administration department" is working again to sit on hold and deal with their BS to find out when I get my $100 back for not one but TWO mistakes on their part. My personal recommendation for the site (N)(N) I think I'll try xpressbet and hopefully that works better. Sorry just had to vent.

Comments

• KGreenKGreen Member
    edited August 2007
    That's par for the course for them. I had a friend John Rancont,who lived in Las Vegas and had a handicapping program, the best I've been around besides HDW in Georgetown KY. a great handicapping program . He also had a group called Winner's Circle that YOU BET signed this lady to get his handicapping program and steal his info. John found out and booted her. That wasn't enough so they had another guy sign up and steal his info again. I can't say the names but were well to do people from Lexington, Ky. Anyway he finds out what they are doing and eventually has them sued in Lex. for 1.6 or 1.8 Mil. Guess what? He is found dead in his home?????? makes you wonder about YOUBET. You bet it does.

KGreen
    Winchester,KY
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited August 2007
    Been with YouBet a number of years and only ever had but a couple issues with them - both of which were corrected in a timely manner (before the next race).

Getting steamed over $100 says one's not ready to take on the ponies when opening an account - at least it does to me as there are always more races to wager upon later in the day or next day.

YouBet is still far better than many of the horse shops but it doesn't hurt to get rebates from off shore.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    PacMan wrote: »
    Been with YouBet a number of years and only ever had but a couple issues with them - both of which were corrected in a timely manner (before the next race).

Getting steamed over $100 says one's not ready to take on the ponies when opening an account - at least it does to me as there are always more races to wager upon later in the day or next day.

YouBet is still far better than many of the horse shops but it doesn't hurt to get rebates from off shore.

It isn't getting steamed over $100, it was getting steamed over wasting half a day on hold on the phone. I just would figure I'd get better customer service. I've played poker online over the past few years and on multiple sites I had amazing customer service. It's far more the annoyance over the money. First they double charge, then call to tell me, then lock the account, then i have to call for the second time, then they tell me I wont get refund for a month, and now Im supposed to call tomorrow. I'm sorry but that'd piss anyone off.
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    I have been with Youbet for many years and no problems..There customer service does leave a bit to be desired. They have the best software out there in my opinion by far. I would say Xpressbet sucks, and i do use them as well only for certain tracks.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2007
    Does anyone have any experience with www.TwinSpires.com, who as of Wednesday will be the new contest sponsor?

Edward
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with www.TwinSpires.com, who as of Wednesday will be the new contest sponsor?

Edward

Last time I looked which was about 1 month ago, they did not take Illinois residents
  • KGreenKGreen Member
    edited August 2007
    I know several {8 or 9} that have Twin Spires accounts and haven't heard any bitch'in about them. As you probably know horseplayers are the first to complain about something. As I have found out the hard way as long as I can blame someone or something for my downfall I won't change. I am the worst. Try reading Larry Voegels books 2 Iknow of "PAYOFFS" is the best.

K Green
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited August 2007
    RightAngle wrote: »

Edward

Sorry, none here. Most of wagers go through off-shore book (rebates), some with youbet and the majority of them at the track/otb. Congrats on getting another sponsor.