Old Fashioned & Friesan Fire Update

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I was just told that O.F. will only have one breeze before the Rebel and F.F. will have two with the first one coming this weekend and another after that before the La. Derby.

FB

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    Thanks FB. Interesting dynamic this year with Larry trying to keep his two colts seperated, as opposed to his two fillies (Eight Belles and Proud Spell) last year.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    After he shipped E.B. to Oaklawn from the FG, they stayed apart till they ended up at CH before the Derby.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    FB, considering your relationship with Jones, can you give me your best answer on his true beliefs in both of these colts?

IMO, I think Fresian Fire is the better of the two. What really gives the nod for this belief is the Gabriel Saez mount aboard Fresian Fire. I would believe that Larry gave GS the option as to which he would prefer to ride (even though OF was at AQ for the Remsen). It also seems like I see him making more comments regarding the talent of FF.

Maybe I'm looking too deep, what are your thoughts if you don't mind expressing them?
    edited February 2009
    I really think O.F. is the better of the two, I have been told that they haven't even gotten to the bottom of O.F., I truly don't think he can get the distance. I have been high on F.F. and it seems to me he has turned the corner. O.F. will have it light in the Ark Derby, unless some shipperes show up for it. But if you go back on watch O.F. races he wins them with ease and looks as he has so much left in the tank. Only time will tell and in two weeks the La. Derby is shaping up as a good prep with a solid fields.
    edited February 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I really think O.F. is the better of the two, I have been told that they haven't even gotten to the bottom of O.F., I truly don't think he can get the distance. I have been high on F.F. and it seems to me he has turned the corner. O.F. will have it light in the Ark Derby, unless some shipperes show up for it. But if you go back on watch O.F. races he wins them with ease and looks as he has so much left in the tank. Only time will tell and in two weeks the La. Derby is shaping up as a good prep with a solid fields.

I'm confused. You say O.F. is the better of the two, but state that you prefer FF?

Anyways, I do believe the way the LA Derby is shaping up, it may be the best prep race we have seen in a couple years. Fresian Fire has been running the circuit, Giant Oak is expected a big run 2nd off layoff, Patena makes the return for the Dutrow barn, Flying Pegasus might get a better trip and be dangerous. I firmly believe this will be the most competitive prep of the year.
    edited February 2009
    Don't forget Papa Clem, hitting the real dirt for the first time and I was told one of Bafferts client wanted to purchase him off his maiden win and was denied.

Not trying to confuse you on O.F. and F.F., the Jones camp are higher on O.F. than F.F. in a big way!!!!

FB
    edited February 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Don't forget Papa Clem, hitting the real dirt for the first time and I was told one of Bafferts client wanted to purchase him off his maiden win and was denied.

Not trying to confuse you on O.F. and F.F., the Jones camp are higher on O.F. than F.F. in a big way!!!!

FB

Damn i forgot about Papa Clem shipping east. Should be one phenominal race.