tiago not going in big cap

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
The reports were that he was ot eating right and that is the first thing a horse does when they are not right.......

Tiago off his feed and out of Big Cap
By Steve Andersen
ARCADIA, Calif. - Tiago, third in the Breeders' Cup Classic last October, will not start in Saturday's $1 million Santa Anita Handicap after a recent loss of appetite, according to Dottie Ingordo, racing manager for owners Jerry and Ann Moss.

Tiago was not entered for the Big Cap when entries were taken on Wednesday. A four-time stakes winner, Tiago was seen as a leading contender for the Grade 1 Big Cap.

"He backed off his feed a little," Ingordo said. "It's too bad because he was doing so well. He was training superbly."

Trained by John Shirreffs, Ingordo's husband, the 5-year-old Tiago has won 5 of 18 starts and $2,358,270.

Ingordo said that Tiago could be considered for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap at Oaklawn Park on April 4. Tiago won the Oaklawn Handicap in 2008.

"It's an option," she said. "It was good to us last year."

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Tiago is better on the real dirt than the sticky stuff IMO.

fb
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    He has always been that horse who runs on late and gets 3rd. gets over bet next out and does nothing....imo I think that larger horses like him needs be quick early to have a chance on the surface...that sucks for mike smith. he had 2 others he could of rode
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Damnit
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    I just took a look at the race and I just think that blue exit lights turned on soon as they put them blinkers on...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    I just took a look at the race and I just think that blue exit lights turned on soon as they put them blinkers on...

Originally Tiago was my play, as I figured with this spectacular field I may actually get a respectable price on him. Due to his scratch I'm stuck between Einstein (had no chance from his post last time at GP), Blue Exit (looked like a whole new horse in last), and Nownownow (very impressive two back, very wide last start, good price).