Kentucky Oaks Futures. Anyone worth it?

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Let's face facts here. Two horses will completely dominate the betting in this future.
Stardom Bound and Rachel Alexandra. In my opinion, they'll drop to around 2-1 and 3-1 (assuming RA runs well in the FG Oaks).
Let's think rationally as obviously BOTH have a shot at running in the Derby and/or getting injured or facing an ailment. Is 2-1 or 3-1 worth taking at such a risk? No.

Now, I haven't been following the fillies as much as I would have liked to.
Does anyone have any other Oaks horses worth taking a shot at in the pool to trump the top 2?
Justwhistlndixie didn't look bad last week, but because of that performance the price may again be too low to accept? I'll book her at 20-1 as she looked good stretchin her legs.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Laragh is pretty nice, as is Dream Empress. One unlisted filly to keep an eye on is Miss Silver Brook, who had a horrendous trip in the SA Oaks. She would likely accompany The Pamplemousse to Kentucky, assuming both stay healthy. No graded earnings right now, but that's generally not a problem for the Oaks.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Evita Agentina, beating the Boys at Santa Anita. She's by the Rising Sire Candy Ride and Jealous Wildcat by Forrest Wildcat. Candy Ride sired: Chocolate Candy and Capt. Candyman Can. She's the real deal so put her on your Horses to Watch List. She may be the one to run inthe Derby against the boys.
    edited March 2009
    Evita Argentina has been far more successful around one turn. Not much of an Oaks threat, i don't think.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    cinfront wrote: »
    Evita Agentina, beating the Boys at Santa Anita. She's by the Rising Sire Candy Ride and Jealous Wildcat by Forrest Wildcat. Candy Ride sired: Chocolate Candy and Capt. Candyman Can. She's the real deal so put her on your Horses to Watch List. She may be the one to run inthe Derby against the boys.

Cin as I said in another thread, there is a reason she is not on the Oaks futures.
    Shes's a sprinter on poly.
    Don't look for her to go two turns on dirt.
    Her connections have already stated this.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Ok, thanks
  • outofthecloudsoutoftheclouds Junior Member
    edited March 2009
    Nan should have won the SA Oaks.checked hard on the final turn,waited behind a wall mid stretch dove inside and was really just hitting stride on the wire she also ran out strong.I don't even know if she's on the list but at 99-1 I'd throw 2bucs on her.
    edited March 2009
    Just read that Dream Empress is NOT being pointed to the Oaks, according to her trainer Ken McPeek.