Papa Clem travel info for La. Derby

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
This might not mean anything but just wanted to pass along to all here, Papa Clem had a horrible trip in to N.O., as he was kicking and screaming the entire flight and looked the worst of wear arriving at the FG off the van today. Just a little heads up.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Not what I wanted to hear. At least he has a couple of days to chill out though.

Thanks for the heads-up.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the report but as you guys know I'll be on Free Country with huge odds.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    I won't overlook Free Country, believe me. I was pretty high on him before the Tampa race. He'll need to bounce back with a top effort here, but it wouldn't be a shock if he does. I'll be using him in some manner.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    This might not mean anything but just wanted to pass along to all here, Papa Clem had a horrible trip in to N.O., as he was kicking and screaming the entire flight and looked the worst of wear arriving at the FG off the van today. Just a little heads up.

Ugh. FB you gonna be around the paddock this weekend? Maybe let us know how he looks after he's been there a couple days and has settled down. Give us a quick update thread before the LA Derby?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Ugh. FB you gonna be around the paddock this weekend? Maybe let us know how he looks after he's been there a couple days and has settled down. Give us a quick update thread before the LA Derby?

I will be there tomorrow for the race, but not able to update a thread as I don't have the high tech cell phone with internet access. I'm only 38 and don't text or any of the new tech ways of send messages.

FB
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Any info on how Gamblers Reward is working?
    edited March 2009
    jenroypa wrote: »
    Any info on how Gamblers Reward is working?

Working well and is in tough first out, they expect a good run first out. I will know more tomorrow when I'm there, but I think we are going to get rain tonight and tomorrow so I think it might be off the turf tomorrow.

FB
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    FB, off topic, are you ever in Illinois for the Arlington meet for any races?
    edited March 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    FB, off topic, are you ever in Illinois for the Arlington meet for any races?

I might try to make it to the Arl. Million this year, I have a good contact with Churchill and might try and score some prime seats for that race this year.

FB
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited March 2009
    The Pappa Will Get Beat In The Lane ,one Speed Pony,can Not Finish, Parado Bailes On Giant Oak Need Not Say More ,potn If You Got Balls Try To Beat Him, My Bet Birbon At The Gulf Good Luck Men!!