Sunday play from Discreet Picks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 3

#1 Half a Surprise (5/1 ml)

First-time starter for Pletcher comes into her debut off three straight turf drills, the same pattern that Pletcher's winning firster Kinsella had last week. More importantly however, this filly had worked heads-up on the grass with Affirmatif back on Feb 23, and Affirmatif came out of that drill to win by 9 lengths in what was probably the most impressive debut win of the Gulfstream meet, Dunkirk included. Of particular note is that Pletcher has been on an incredible run with first-time starters at the meet, and it doesn't hurt that this filly happens to be a half-sister to the Breeders Cup winner Halfbridled. Looks live.

HRT record:

53 for 188 (28%)

$457.40 mutuels ($8.64 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Missed by a neck @ 7/1 after a troubled trip. Much the best; tab for next time.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Missed by a neck @ 7/1 after a troubled trip. Much the best; tab for next time.

Agreed. He was really motoring late.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited March 2009
    Heart-breaker Ex Box And Trip Key Box (1&2nd) With 9463 Tons The Best Will Not Win Next Time He Was Used Today . Nice Find .we Got Robed I'm Sick
    edited April 2009
    Race 4 @ Aqueduct..................heads-up
  • joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    any free plays today

thanks and good luck
    edited April 2009
    joejoe wrote: »
    any free plays today

thanks and good luck

And this is?
  • joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    i see-i thought gulf and didnt see horse
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    And this is?
    A HORSE I KNEW WAS NOT GOING TO WIN AND WHEN HE GOT POUNDED AT THE WINDOW I WISH THAT THEY COULD OF SAW HIS LAST RACE AND HOW HE WAS USED... I WISH I COULD OF SAID I LIKED HIM BUT GOTTA CALL A SPADE A SPADE SORRY..