Florida Derby on ESPN

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Bloodhorse:

The Saturday, March 28, Florida Derby (gr. I) will be shown live on ESPN as part of the “NTRA Racing to the Kentucky Derby” series. The coverage, with Joe Tessitore joined by analysts Jerry Bailey and Randy Moss, reporters Jeannine Edwards and Jay Privman, and handicapper Hank Goldberg, will be from 5-6 p.m. EDT.

The Gulfstream Park steppingstone to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will also be broadcast on radio by the Horse Racing Radio Network, which will begin its exclusive coverage at 5 p.m. HRRN’s one-hour broadcast will also feature the grade II Swale Stakes.

Mike Penna and Sean Clancy will anchor the HRRN coverage, which will include the live call of each race along with pre- and post-race analysis. Free live streaming will be provided on the HRRN Web site, | Horse Racing Radio Network.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the first horse race to be shown on ESPN this year? I can't think of any others that have been on.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the first horse race to be shown on ESPN this year? I can't think of any others that have been on.

ESPN2 carried the Lane's End last week.

What is the actual post time for the FL Derby? Going to be in Iowa, need to know when to flip through to ESPN to watch my race.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Post time looks to be 5:44 Eastern