Dunkirk

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
By the looks of the graded earnings it seems that Dunkirk is pretty much going to be in the starting gate. All Dunkirk followers get ready to fire away on Derby Day.

FB

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    By the looks of the graded earnings it seems that Dunkirk is pretty much going to be in the starting gate. All Dunkirk followers get ready to fire away on Derby Day.

FB

I did not believe he had a shot at beating Quality Road and still don't but I believe he is better than IWR any day of the week.:shrr:
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    I did not believe he had a shot at beating Quality Road and still don't but I believe he is better than IWR any day of the week.:shrr:

Holy shit. We agree on something :laugh:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Holy shit. We agree on something :laugh:

See that ..... it was bound to happen. How not to notice the move Dunkirk made at the top of the stretch. That was more impressive than anything I saw in the Wood.:toast:
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    See that ..... it was bound to happen. How not to notice the move Dunkirk made at the top of the stretch. That was more impressive than anything I saw in the Wood.:toast:

Woops! Misread your post :shifty:

I'm actually quite the I Want Revenge supporter.
    Quality Road is a nice horse, I just don't like him. Dunkirk to me is not ready for the derby. He just looked way too tired after the FL Derby. Add in another 1/4 mile, better horses, and a much larger field and he gets wrecked.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    Draynay we may soften ya up and get people to like ya yet lol just dont push your luck lol and pick a horse like square eddie or something
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009

The top of the stretch is where QR began leaving Dunkirk on the dust. I've never seen a horse receive so much credit for flattening out. It's amazing.

Still waiting for someone other than myself to mention Win Willy's move, btw. For some reason, it hasn't received nearly as much attention. I wonder why that is?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I guess we see things a little different. I see Dunkirk passing the field and taking on Quality Road but coming up short to the new track record holder taking second by 6 lengths and posting a 108 Beyer.

Win Willy ? Caught an overrated Old Fashioned that moved to soon. If Dunkirk gets into the Derby come back and tell where he finished and then tell me where Win Willy finished.... I'll wait....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    I overrate old fashioned also but old fashioned had nothing to do with the move win willy put on. He came from an anybody and really nobody to a talk of a contender off that move. Draynay i happen to like your point conterpoint methods but dont get so stuck on one horse that you start overlooking things example i think most of us I included thought big brown really was invinsible, enuff to even overlook even like effects of going off the juice and energy drinks. Win or lose quality road is a great horse, just dont stop looking or have tunnel vision. Unless your taking QR home as a pet after remember alot of things happen in a 20 horse field no matter who the best in the field may be.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    I overrate old fashioned also but old fashioned had nothing to do with the move win willy put on. He came from an anybody and really nobody to a talk of a contender off that move. Draynay i happen to like your point conterpoint methods but dont get so stuck on one horse that you start overlooking things example i think most of us I included thought big brown really was invinsible, enuff to even overlook even like effects of going off the juice and energy drinks. Win or lose quality road is a great horse, just dont stop looking or have tunnel vision. Unless your taking QR home as a pet after remember alot of things happen in a 20 horse field no matter who the best in the field may be.

Valid point... I guess I will have to see another race from Win Willy to be a believer.:thumbup1: