My OPINION of IWR.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
There are many in the horse racing world that have this horse on top and I just don't understand why.:wonder:

The horse has beaten average competition and has not run against ANY speed at all. 48 and change is not what he is going to see in the Derby nor is a 112 and change.

So he has beaten average allowance horses and has not posted quick splits or fast finishing times and he is your top pick???:clap2:

Competition matters .... times matter... Desert Party is a better horse than IWR. Dunkirk is a better horse than IWR. Quality Road is a MUCH better horse than IWR. Does a 1:49 and change really scare anyone?

IWR and his 19 year old rider will not hit the board on Derby Day and any ticket you have with him on it will be worthless. Now you may be thinking, "what does he know?" well I will be here after the Derby and you let me know how many tickets you cashed with IWR on those tickets.:smoking:

He couldn't beat Pioneer of the Nile and found a softer spot in NY....end of story. My guess is he still can't beat Pioneer of the Nile and I will leave you with one last thought..... can he run in the Derby without his Air Power ??? :lipssealed:

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    You must be between the ages of 18-25 with your excessive use of Icons, Air Power is legal and many trainers use it. I'm no fan of Mullins and you stated in another thread IWR peaked in the Gotham, he just won the Wood and wasnt' even aske to run but a 1/8th of a mile and Joe never even really urged the horse. You have numerous post and not one selection as of this date. Another poster stated you were a nuisance in some other forum and are becoming one here.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    You must be between the ages of 18-25 with your excessive use of Icons, Air Power is legal and many trainers use it. I'm no fan of Mullins and you stated in another thread IWR peaked in the Gotham, he just won the Wood and wasnt' even aske to run but a 1/8th of a mile and Joe never even really urged the horse. You have numerous post and not one selection as of this date. Another poster stated you were a nuisance in some other forum and are becoming one here.

What did I do except supply reasons in detail why I don't like IWR. What is it you would like me to tone down?

Last... NO TRAINERS in New York use Air Power on race day. It is not allowed....or do some just break the rules?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Just because Mullins says it was Air Power doesn't mean it was Air Power. Let's not give the guy too much credit. Could've been Air Power with a little something extra, who knows. I think it's clear that Mullins is probably the last guy you can give the benefit of the doubt to. One of the last guys, anyway.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Just because Mullins says it was Air Power doesn't mean it was Air Power. Let's not give the guy too much credit. Could've been Air Power with a little something extra, who knows. I think it's clear that Mullins is probably the last guy you can give the benefit of the doubt to. One of the last guys, anyway.

I could not agree more. Mullins cheated when he entered that area with a syringe and gave that horse (something). There is no question in my mind he has cheated with IWR... sorry but when you have a cheat sheet as long as my arm I don't need to see a picture history tells me you Mr. Mullins are a cheater and I want nothing to do with your horse.

Everything that horse has done is now suspect and the horse and the connections fair or unfair are tainted.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    i,ll bet a horse on drugs any and every day i love the cheaters and theives, race fixers give me a jock with a buzzer any day , i was at belmont for the breeders a few years back and the track filled in a pot hole at the top of the streach and on fri jon vee fell and the next day two horses fell when not that something to complain about , not the race fixers and the dumb owners .... thats why times mean nothing ,
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    There are many in the horse racing world that have this horse on top and I just don't understand why.:wonder:

The horse has beaten average competition and has not run against ANY speed at all. 48 and change is not what he is going to see in the Derby nor is a 112 and change.

So he has beaten average allowance horses and has not posted quick splits or fast finishing times and he is your top pick???:clap2:

Competition matters .... times matter... Desert Party is a better horse than IWR. Dunkirk is a better horse than IWR. Quality Road is a MUCH better horse than IWR. Does a 1:49 and change really scare anyone?

IWR and his 19 year old rider will not hit the board on Derby Day and any ticket you have with him on it will be worthless. Now you may be thinking, "what does he know?" well I will be here after the Derby and you let me know how many tickets you cashed with IWR on those tickets.:smoking:

He couldn't beat Pioneer of the Nile and found a softer spot in NY....end of story. My guess is he still can't beat Pioneer of the Nile and I will leave you with one last thought..... can he run in the Derby without his Air Power ??? :lipssealed:

You state that he has not ran against any speed, which in my opinion only flatters his last race. He literally stood in the gate and spotted the whole field. They set soft fractions and without being urged he made his way to the top and dealt with traffic problems without ever really being asked. A faster half in the last would have only made his win in the Wood easier.

As for competiton? I agree. He has not really beaten much. If you throw out 2 races back on West Side Bernie I would consider him a good horse. A possible derby winner tho, no. Imperial Council turned out to be a dud.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Sorry Flyinlate I am just not buying it. Dunkirk spotted the field 10 lengths and blew by everyone by 6 or more except for Quality Road. That was more impressive to me.

And you say the horse was never asked? Come on.... you know better ... watch Rachel Alexandra's last race...now THAT is not being asked.