Gomez Stays East

edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Jockey Garret Gomez Will Try The Big Boys Out This Year As He Has No Plans To Return To The West Coast As Of Todays Reading With His Agent....the Plan Is To Finish Up At Keeneland Ride The Derby {dunkirk In My Opinion For Sure} Then He Is Going To Belmont For The Spring Meet And Heading To Saratoga To Ride With The Big Boys On A Daily Basis...............this Is Bad News For Delmar/ca. Handicappers In General In My Mind As You Only Have A Couple Of Jockeys Now..........

Another Note Of Interest About Speculation On Eibar Coa Mount For Derby...he Is Scheduled To Work Musket Man Out April 18 Th At Churchill Downs Enough Said ............

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    If he was going to ride Pioneer of the Nile he would have said so by now you would think. The fact that he seems to be waiting to make sure Dunkirk is in say a lot to me. If he decides to ride Dunkirk over POTN that will be a huge story going into the race and will be a slap to California racing.
  • edited April 2009
    Well Prepare Yourself Cause The Anouncement Will Be Coming.....maybe Pletcher Offering Big String For Him At Belmont To Split Riding Duty With No.# 1 Guy Johnny Vee....
  • bigbetterbigbetter Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    good point on johnny v he no longer has cordero as an agent and cordero is pletchers main man changes coming
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    The fact that he seems to be waiting to make sure Dunkirk is in say a lot to me.

This says it all. He is riding Dunkirk if he gets in, no doubt about it. He would have formally announced his ride of POTN by now but he doesn't want to blow that one incase Dunkirk doesn't make it (which is VERY unlikely at this point imo).