Gotta believe that Mr. Hot Stuff has made it into the Derby

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Just read that Charitable Man is out. Looks like Mr. Hot Stuff is probably getting in. Incidentally, when they showed the latest earnings list on ESPN2's Lexington broadcast, they had MHS pegged @ #19. That was before the winner (Advice) leapfrogged him, so now he'd be listed @ #20.

Interestingly, both MHS and Advice are owned by WinStar Farm, so if they they were forced to do it, they would have the option of pulling Advice in order to get MHS in there. Not saying they would do that, but it would be an option. They also own the Lane's End winner Hold Me Back, for whatever that's worth.

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Square Eddie needs to stay home and has no business going 1 1/4. Advice ? Whatever.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    True, Square Eddie could still defect. But if his owners were so hot to run him in the Derby that they rushed him back from injury and were even talking about training him right into the Derby off a 3-month layoff, then i don't think today's result is going to stop them.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    he will still run in the derby. I just laughed when they said on espn2 that now gomez has 3 deicsions including advice into the situation. After watching them guys on espn draynay I would be worried because that one guy not bailey put QR as his top pick...I also believe hammerin hank also picked him..Them guys are so annoying to me..Especially bailey the tank..
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Jerry B. last year predicted Pyro to win the Derby last year right before the race. I have not listened to another word come out of his mouth ever since.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I know I have sounded like a broken record... but serioulsly there is no horse even remotely close to Quality Road in speed or talent.

The interesting part of the Derby will be to see how Dunkirk does against the field because I truly believe the #1 spot is a given.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Jerry B. last year predicted Pyro to win the Derby last year right before the race. I have not listened to another word come out of his mouth ever since.

Who cares about Jerry B. If you picked the same horse Hank did your screwed. Guy can instantly jinx a 1-9 shot. He NEVER wins. Don't even know why this guy is still part of their horse racing broadcasts.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Who cares about Jerry B. If you picked the same horse Hank did your screwed. Guy can instantly jinx a 1-9 shot. He NEVER wins. Don't even know why this guy is still part of their horse racing broadcasts.

:laughing: I guess for the same reason that idiot has that 58 flat show on TVG......:sleepy:
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    Draynay maybe you can slip the square heads connections a few bucks to keep him home. Still hoping for summer bird. Not sure if he would win but sure would have a good shot at hittin the top 4
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Square Eddie needs to stay home and has no business going 1 1/4. Advice ? Whatever.

YOU TALK OUT YOUR ASS THE HORSE DWELT AT THE START RUSHED UP BLEW THE TURN WENT FIVE WIDE ASS WIPE PARDO PUSHED THE BUTTON 1/8 MI TO EARLY FLEW BY THE FIELD AND HAD NOTHING LEFT ,,,,,YOU DUMB ASS IT WAS THE SAME THING DUNKIRK DID BUT HE DIDN'T DWELT. BUT HE YOUR SECOND CHOICE.....COME ON !!!!!!!!!YOUR DUMB ASS REMARKS SHOW YOUR JUST LOOKING FOR SOME DUMB ASS TO PAT YOU ON YOUR BACK...GET OVER IT ...HEADS UP I'LL TAKE SQ ED THAT WILL BE 50-1 OVER YOUR BEAT UP SORE NAG THAT WILL BE 3-1 THEY HAVE NO BUISINESS RUNNING A SORE ,THREE LEGGED HAS BEEN............
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    YOU TALK OUT YOUR ASS THE HORSE DWELT AT THE START RUSHED UP BLEW THE TURN WENT FIVE WIDE ASS WIPE PARDO PUSHED THE BUTTON 1/8 MI TO EARLY FLEW BY THE FIELD AND HAD NOTHING LEFT ,,,,,YOU DUMB ASS IT WAS THE SAME THING DUNKIRK DID BUT HE DIDN'T DWELT. BUT HE YOUR SECOND CHOICE.....COME ON !!!!!!!!!YOUR DUMB ASS REMARKS SHOW YOUR JUST LOOKING FOR SOME DUMB ASS TO PAT YOU ON YOUR BACK...GET OVER IT ...HEADS UP I'LL TAKE SQ ED THAT WILL BE 50-1 OVER YOUR BEAT UP SORE NAG THAT WILL BE 3-1 THEY HAVE NO BUISINESS RUNNING A SORE ,THREE LEGGED HAS BEEN............

Dunco .... please.... Square Eddie ran a 1:37 mile and spit the bit....:laughing:

If you think that horse has any chance of beating Dunkirk bet it big and let me know how it works out for you. I am not taking seriously horses running a slow mile like that.:cool2:
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Dunco .... please.... Square Eddie ran a 1:37 mile and spit the bit....:laughing:

If you think that horse has any chance of beating Dunkirk bet it big and let me know how it works out for you. I am not taking seriously horses running a slow mile like that.:cool2:
    NOT ONLY THAT HORSE BEAT DUNKIRK BUT BEAT Q-ROAD PUT YOUR LUNCH MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS...TIME ONLY COUNTS IN JAIL...........YOU'LL LEARN THAT IN A FEW YEARS
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I know... Beyers don't matter.... times don't matter.... workouts don't matter.... yep I have heard it all but they all matter if they lead you to the winner. Dunco if Square Eddie is your Derby pick I wish you luck and bet him big because the only chance he has of hitting the board is jumping the fence.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    I know... Beyers don't matter.... times don't matter.... workouts don't matter.... yep I have heard it all but they all matter if they lead you to the winner. Dunco if Square Eddie is your Derby pick I wish you luck and bet him big because the only chance he has of hitting the board is jumping the fence.
    I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ I SAID HE WILL BE IN FRONT OF YOUR TWO NAGS..PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND IF YOU HAVE ANY BALLS YOU GIVE ME 50-1 YOUR MOVE
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Name it ! Square Eddie has no shot at all. To suggest he would finish in front of Quality Road or Dunkirk is crazy at best. But I will be more than happy to take your money. Square Eddie... what a joke.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Name it ! Square Eddie has no shot at all. To suggest he would finish in front of Quality Road or Dunkirk is crazy at best. But I will be more than happy to take your money. Square Eddie... what a joke.

I AM DOWN FOR $20 AT 50-1 NOW WE ARE DONE. MAN UP!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Done deal but you get no odds. If you're going to run your mouth and say crazy things back it up. Thinking Square Eddie is going to beat Quality Road and Dunkirk is laughable and doesn't deserve odds. Just be ready to send me a Quality Road hat.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Done deal but you get no odds. If you're going to run your mouth and say crazy things back it up. Thinking Square Eddie is going to beat Quality Road and Dunkirk is laughable and doesn't deserve odds. Just be ready to send me a Quality Road hat.

I KNEW YOU HAD NO BALL YOUR A JOKE
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Put your money up and stop talking.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Put your money up and stop talking.
    SO WERE ON AT 50-1 THAT A BET!!
    edited April 2009
    Just saw this updated list from The Downey Profile. As mentioned above, Charitable Man (tied for #18 on this list) is reportedly out.

1 Regal Ransom $1,250,000 Diamond A Racing Corporation (KY) Saeed bin Suroor Godolphin Won UAE Derby

2 Pioneerof the Nile $1,193,250 Zayat Stables
    LLC (ON) Bob Baffert Zayat Stables LLC Won Santa Anita Derby

3 Square Eddie $804,981 Kinghaven
    Farms (KY) Doug O'Neill J. Paul Reddam 3d, Lexington Stakes

4 I Want Revenge $774,000 David J. Lanzman Racing, Inc. (KY) Jeff Mullins David J. Lanzman Racing Stable, Inc. & IEAH Stables Won Wood Memorial

5 Papa Clem $760,000 Bo Hirsch (KY) Gary Stute Bo Hirsch Won Arkansas Derby

6 Desert Party $641,667 David Smith & Steven Sinatra (KY) Saeed bin Suroor Godolphin 2d, UAE Derby

7 Quality Road $600,000 Edward P. Evans (VA) Jimmy Jerkens Edward P. Evans Won Florida Derby

8 General Quarters $595,645 Mr. & Mrs. R. David Randal (KY) Thomas McCarthy Thomas McCarthy Won Blue Grass Stakes

9 Friesan Fire $570,465 Grapestock LLC (KY) J. Larry Jones Vinery Stables and Fox Hill Farm Won Louisiana Derby

10 Musket Man $485,000 Jim E. Nelson & Sergio De Sousa (KY) Derek Ryan Eric Fein & Vic Carlson Won Illinois Derby

11 Hold Me Back $438,000 Haras Santa Maria de Araras & WinStar Farm (KY) Bill Mott WinStar Farm LLC 2d, Blue Grass Stakes

12 West Side Bernie $385,160 Polo Green Stable & Andrew Savas (KY) Kelly Breen George and Lori Hall 2d, Wood Memorial

13 Chocolate Candy $370,000 Sid Craig & Jenny Craig (KY) Jerry Hollendorfer Craig Family Trust 2d, Santa Anita Derby

14 Win Willie $230,000 Overbrook Farm (KY) Mac Robertson Jer-Mar Stable LLC 4th, Arkansas Derby

15 Bittel Road $211,000 John Iracane (KY) Todd Pletcher James T. Scatuorchio and John Iracane 10th, Lane's End Stakes

16 Advice $206,845 Mr. and Mrs. Samuel H. Rogers, Jr. (FL) Todd Pletcher WinStar Farm LLC Won Lexington Stakes

17 Giant Oak $169,256 Virginia H. Tarra Trust (IL) Chris Block Virginia H. Tarra Trust 2d, Illinois Derby

18 Charitable Man $150,000 Edward P. Evans (VA) Kiaran McLaughlin Mr. and Mrs. W. K. Warren, Jr. 7th, Blue Grass Stakes

18 Dunkirk $150,000 W. S. Farish, James Elkins & W. T. Webber Jr. Todd Pletcher Mrs. John Magnier, Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith 2d, Florida Derby

20 Mine That Bird $138,705 Lamantia Blackburn & Needham/Betz Thoroughbreds (KY) Bennie L. Woolley, Jr. Double Eagle Ranch and Bueno Suerte Equine 4th, Sunland Derby

21 Flying Private $124,000 John & Martha Jane Mulholland (KY) D. Wayne Lukas Robert C. Baker and William L. Mack 5th, Arkansas Derby

22 Mr. Hot Stuff $114,000 WinStar Farm LLC (KY) Eion Harty WinStar Farm LLC 3d, Santa Anita Derby

23 Stormalory $112,838 Stonerside Stable Bill Mott Darley Stable Won Transylvania Stakes

24 Summer Bird $100,000 Dr. K. K. Jayaraman & Dr. V. Devi Jayaraman Tim Ice Dr. K. K. Jayaraman & Dr. V. Devi Jayaraman 3d, Arkansas Derby
    edited April 2009
    Looks like MHS's entry hinges on Bittel Road, assuming that Square Eddie remains on course.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    as you know that list to me now is dissapointing
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    summer bird .hello dr,dr ,dr.dr.dr.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    they just showed a list on tvg and summerbird was 21 and mr hot stuff was 20.I do think summer bird can get in and hit the board maybe...DUNCO. much credit to you man because you were the only one to call it about flo-mez. I was suprised when I heard that come out of his shit shooter..
    edited April 2009
    Mr. Hot Stuff is available @ 50/1 in Vegas. Not a bad number. Obviously he'll be a big longshot on raceday, but it's hard to see him going off any higher than 30/1 or so.
  • TrissacarTrissacar Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    I wasn't surprised he has speed in him.