Musket Man !!!

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Yes ... you read it right I am going to talk about another horse.:thumbup1:

I just watched the first race of 2009 for Musket Man when he changed leads and blew away General Quarters. Wow. When he changed leads he was gone and his allowance win in Philly was pretty good too.

The question many will ask is can he carry that speed or will his breeding come knocking 200 yards before the wire. Some horses have grit and they just do not want to lose I think MM is that kind of horse. He comes in fit and he will do whatever it takes to beat the horse in front of him.

MM is going to be on my ticket along with Dunkirk. I will make the case for Dunkirk tomorrow. I don't want to give some of you too much to think about ! :laugh:

The horse has NEVER missed hitting the board and I see no reason for him to start on Derby Day.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Yes ... you read it right I am going to talk about another horse.:thumbup1:

I just watched the first race of 2009 for Musket Man when he changed leads and blew away General Quarters. Wow. When he changed leads he was gone and his allowance win in Philly was pretty good too.

The question many will ask is can he carry that speed or will his breeding come knocking 200 yards before the wire. Some horses have grit and they just do not want to lose I think MM is that kind of horse. He comes in fit and he will do whatever it takes to beat the horse in front of him.

MM is going to be on my ticket along with Dunkirk. I will make the case for Dunkirk tomorrow. I don't want to give some of you too much to think about ! :laugh:

The horse has NEVER missed hitting the board and I see no reason for him to start on Derby Day.

Agree, I have been on race replays all night long and at the Tampa site watching replays over and over of all the contenders, QR looks the most likely horse to use a key horse in exotics. After breaking down the contenders and I hope Regal Ransom runs as there is enough speed hores to have a honest pace.

FB
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Quality Road on top and these will be on the bottom....

Dunkirk
    Musket Man
    Desert Party
    Chocolate Candy
    Mr. Hot Stuff

I need one more horse but I won't decide that until next week.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited April 2009
    What am I missing??? I claim no expertise with horseracing and I am mostly a follower but wasn't I Want Revenge's race in the Wood all about grit and determination....to me he should be the favorite.....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    jtc1984 wrote: »
    What am I missing??? I claim no expertise with horseracing and I am mostly a follower but wasn't I Want Revenge's race in the Wood all about grit and determination....to me he should be the favorite.....

I Want Revenge does well when he runs after slow fractions. The last 2 races he looked at a 48 and did well. When he was looking at a 47 he lost. You WILL NOT see a 48 in the Kentucky Derby so for me he is a toss.

Not to mention the fact his trainer just got caught cheating and will be suspended soon. Pick another horse to like there is little to like here.

Picking on soft horses in NY does not make you ready for the Kentucky Derby.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay, you have agood point with MM. In fact the bluegrass results just flatter this guy also. One of the key things is eibar favors this horse over general quarters.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    I Want Revenge does well when he runs after slow fractions. The last 2 races he looked at a 48 and did well. When he was looking at a 47 he lost. You WILL NOT see a 48 in the Kentucky Derby so for me he is a toss.

Not to mention the fact his trainer just got caught cheating and will be suspended soon. Pick another horse to like there is little to like here.

Picking on soft horses in NY does not make you ready for the Kentucky Derby.

He was looking at a 47 at SA. Talamo and Mullins both stated right after the race that he simply was not taking to the track and he was just spinning his wheels. I'm sure completely missing the break made up for the slow fractions, not to mention he came from DEAD LAST in a race with slow fractiontional times. He would have won by more had the front end speed set up for a closer, instead, the slow/moderate pace said more.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink. We will see a 46 split in the Derby and I Want Revenge will be to close to that speed to have anything left. He couldn't get it done vs. a 47... vs a 46 he has no chance at all.

I realize many will argue with that until they are blue in the face but come back here in 12 days and let me know how good your tickets are with IWR on them......