Dunkirk hits the board.....

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Dunkirk has done very little to deserve so much respect but his brief career has been impressive. His first race was a joy to watch. Its not often you get to see a horse swing 9 wide and pull away to win by 5 against a very large maiden field.

His next race was 1 1/8th and everyone now knows about his 8 wide into the first turn Allowance race. Its worth watching again.

That brings us to just his 3rd race of his career the G1 Florida Derby. His top of the lane move was very impressive and would have beaten most horses but he was running up against a monster in Quality Road and had to settle for a fast 2nd place.

He has had 5 weeks to rest and train and he just posted a bullet work on the 18th so Dunkirk will be ready to roll on Derby Day and has every right to improve off of back to back races at 1 1/8th. He may not have Friesan Fires foundation but I like the fact he has 2 races at the 1 1/8th distance and I expect him to be much more of a threat than FF.

Prado knows this horse and is a legitimate contender with a top knotch jockey. Do not leave him off your Super tickets. Good luck.

Tomorrow we talk about CC.

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    Dunkirk is going to be sniffing Quality Roads ass as they finish up 5 and 6.
  • edited April 2009
    Hue.........now Play Nice..lol..lol...i Got Tragic News This Morning Dunco Banned From Site ????????..........draynay..hurry Dont Miss The School Bus...lol...
    edited April 2009
    Ouchhhhhh LOL
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    Dunkirk is going to be sniffing Quality Roads ass as they finish up 5 and 6.

You have no faith in my boy Dunkirk or Quality Road. ? If you thing they are both off the board you will be very unhappy on Derby Day. There are not enough good horses in this race for me to be worried about them hitting the board.

IWR and FF are a toss for me... too slow

Regal Ransom and Square Eddie are a toss....both are not ready for this race

Win Willy and Both Birds and Flying Private and Advice... not good enough

Papa Clem and General Quarters are a toss too... too tired.

Hold me Back and West Side Bernie.... do I have to say it ? Toss !
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    Hue.........now Play Nice..lol..lol...i Got Tragic News This Morning Dunco Banned From Site ????????..........draynay..hurry Dont Miss The School Bus...lol...

:laughing: What happened to Dunco?
    Maybe Edward accidentally clicked his name instead of Draynay.
    edited April 2009
    hahaha Flyin im not touchin that with a 135 mile pole.