Another average work for IWR.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
It would not be fair to call the works slow but his last two are very average going into the Derby and that does not bode well for the early favorite.

The last several years has seen the winners of the Derby working very fast before the race and these times posted by IWR seem to indicate a tired horse.

Look out !!!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    It would not be fair to call the works slow but his last two are very average going into the Derby and that does not bode well for the early favorite.

The last several years has seen the winners of the Derby working very fast before the race and these times posted by IWR seem to indicate a tired horse.

Look out !!!

The final workout is the blitz. When he runs slow on his last work then bother us.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    It doesnt bother me if he runs slow in the morning..What do you want him to go 4 in 46 every 6 or 7 days...just relax you will find out next week when the final touches are done ..
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I followed the workouts of the last 3 Derby winners and they were very fast. Barbaro, Street Sense, and Big Brown all fired very fast times. IWR has not fired well and I think we have seen the best from him a while ago. I am tossing him from all tickets. The comments from the trainer today seemed like he was defending his times. I will pass.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    See I am not a big iwr supporter but you just cant go off of works..If this would be true then street sense should of won the classic 2 years back because up to the race he was training the best...I am not saying put him in all tickets but you should not dismiss him from all..dont put all of your eggs in one basket. i know you heard that before.