Angels -115

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
The home-standing Angels trot out the excellent Joe Saunders, who is off to a very fine start this year (2.63 era and 1.10 whip in two home starts, averaging almost 7 innings per).

Meanwhile, the Tigers send Verlander to the hill, who has definitely not lived up to the promise he showed a couple of years ago (taking numerous beatings last year), and he's gotten shelled in both of his road starts this year. Going a bit further, in his lone start vs. the Angels last year, he went 5.2 innings while allowing 11 baserunners and 6 earned runs.

Awfully short price to lay with the home Angels here, with their current staff ace on the mound, and while facing a guy who's prone to some very bad efforts.

Comments

• joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    i was hoping for a good horse play from you, sports is not what you do best at
    thank you
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    My baseball plays on here have done exceedingly well. Hopefully that'll continue today.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    My baseball plays on here have done exceedingly well. Hopefully that'll continue today.

Agreed. I've made some loot off of them. Ignore the dumbass above.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited April 2009
    Here's my fact based opinion DC.....Saunders does it with smoke and mirrors and is a definite consistent winner...however tonite he faces a team that has a history of hitting him....LAA is not playing their best with Vlad out etc....on the other side you have Verlander and you don't know which guy will show up...if Detroit shows up and waits patiently they can beat Saunders easily....tough call for me....good luck
    edited April 2009
    i am not a dumbass maybe you are, the cat is best at horses, thats what he does for a living. giving out a baseball game is nice but just so you know he is not a pro at baseball picks, horses yes and this is a HORSE SITE ISN'T IT
    edited April 2009
    joejoe wrote: »
    i am not a dumbass maybe you are, the cat is best at horses, thats what he does for a living. giving out a baseball game is nice but just so you know he is not a pro at baseball picks, horses yes and this is a HORSE SITE ISN'T IT

While it is a horseracing site, there is nothing prohibiting him from making sports selections here. Many people who handicap horses religiously are also avid sports handicappers. For example, RightAngle, the OWNER of this site, runs rightanglesports (a SPORTS handicapping site). Him posting a few baseball plays does nothing negative toward you or the site so keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

You don't have to be a pro to give out a selection, theres dozens of us that do that on this site everyday.
    edited April 2009
    Disagree that Saunders is doing it with smoke and mirrors. He's a fine pitcher. It's true that Verlander is very inconsistent, and is ceratinly capable of a good effort tonight, but i think that Saunders is far more reliable and thus the better play, particularly with the Angels at home. Obviously they're not as strong with Vlad out of the lineup, but they still have a good lineup even with him gone, and i think they can get to Verlander tonight. We'll see.

FWIW, there has been some major opposition to this play, as the Angels are all the down to -103 here in Vegas. For that reason, i just bet them again, making this my first 2-unit play of the season. If i liked them @ -115 (and i did very much), then i have to like it a whole lot more @ -103.
    edited April 2009
    don't you know how to talk to someone nicely, must you abuse a person who makes a coment? i buy picks from RightAngle but i wouldn't post them because he does it for a living-you should't talk nasty to anyone on this site juse because they disagree with you
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    not to come across nasty joe as its not meant that way but DC has done quite well baseball wise. anyone that has used his posted free plays on BB this year has done quite well on the plus side of earnings.
    edited April 2009
    i am not knocking his baseball at all, i just love his horse plays and i come to this site for horse plays, Cat is a super guy
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Well You Know What Joejoe...if The Cat Gets A Couple More Bb Winners Like He Has Been Doing He Might Start His Own Site For Baseball Picks...this Is A Horse Racing Site But We All Love To Spend Money And Gamble So Why Not Throw A Bb Pick In There Everyonce And Again...joe Who Do You Have In The Derby If Any? We Are All Friend Gents On This Board And Flyinlate Was Just Protecting The Big Cat....
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    cat i like you too but bringing base ball in is opening the door up for more distraction that we don't need ..i hope they post this...
    edited April 2009
    Angels lose 12-10.
    edited April 2009
    joejoe wrote: »
    i am not knocking his baseball at all, i just love his horse plays and i come to this site for horse plays, Cat is a super guy

I took it the wrong way than. My apologies. I thought you were making a derogatory comment regarding his baseball plays. Best of luck to you in sports and horseracing.
    edited April 2009
    thank you ,glad you understand, here is a huge nba game of the month play from a service i buy, i don't want to mention thier name but they are hitting about 60% on thier plays-they love utah jazz +1.5 tonight
    good luck