Square eddie has new rider!!!

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Well Now Mr Hot Stuff Will Need A New Rider Because Corey Is Now Riding Square Eddie....this Is From Jeff S. From Hrtv...

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    parado should have two broken legs the way he rode him last week but thats good with me i got a 50 -1 with dray that he will be in front of q-rode and dunkirk im down for $20
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Very surprised to hear this, as i think MHS is a contender while SE is not. Might have a lot to do with Nakatani's relationship with O'Neill.

From a personal standpoint, i'm glad to get Nakatani off of Mr. Hot Stuff. In my opinion, he gave MHS a very bad ride in the Santa Anita Derby (costing me the exacta), and the Sham ride wasn't a while lot better. And if Corey was getting MHS into traffic trouble in THOSE races, imagine what might happen in the 20-horse Derby. I think it'll be imperative for MHS to have a clear outside run in the Derby, and Corey had taken him inside twice in a row.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    They Said On Hrtv That It May Deal With The Relationship With Corey And The Owner....but It Is Still Suprising Because Of The Timing For Both Horses And Where They Are Both At Right Now...i Like For Square Eddie To Hit The Board..
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Very surprised to hear this, as i think MHS is a contender while SE is not. Might have a lot to do with Nakatani's relationship with O'Neill.

From a personal standpoint, i'm glad to get Nakatani off of Mr. Hot Stuff. In my opinion, he gave MHS a very bad ride in the Santa Anita Derby (costing me the exacta), and the Sham ride wasn't a while lot better. And if Corey was getting MHS into traffic trouble in THOSE races, imagine what might happen in the 20-horse Derby. I think it'll be imperative for MHS to have a clear outside run in the Derby, and Corey had taken him inside twice in a row.

I think he gave Colonel John a horrible ride last year.

FB
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Fb..i Dont Know It Is Just Me But I Love Corey On The Grass A Lot More Then On The Dirt...maybe Bottom Of A Sup Or A Tri To Make Some Money...what Kind Of Bets Are You Going After? I Havent Been That Successful On Derby Days In The Past But I Think I Might Try What Hue Is Doing
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    like that other kid that has the derby winner under his pillow you all know i been preachin ..dual quif.. and granted the last years they haven't been there but have always made a impact on that years racing,,this year we are lucky to have five.. and i am using them all the last time i left one out it was thunder gulch at 24-1 they don't just hand this honor out they erned it by haveing a bad ass mom and dad and grampa and great grand pa..not running there eyeballs out on a freak track or a wood chip track,,don't let the last ten years fool you the pricks used drugs and we all know it the oil men are bring pure talent to the table but there not dual qui..if desert wins they got the best breeder in the world hand down ...it a new era..
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited April 2009
    Im guessing Harty will pick up Gryder for the mount.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I think he gave Colonel John a horrible ride last year.

FB

He's been giving nothing but horrible rides since he came back from that collar bone injury. He's not the same rider he was in '07.

I'm glad to see him off MHS, but now who will pilot him?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    My vote would be Eddie Castro.
  • edited April 2009
    To Much Emphasis Goes On The Riders,its The Horse Thats 90 Percent...

What Makes Good Jockeys ?????? Good Horses To Ride...........

I Can Take Any 105 Lb. Stiff Off The Worst Circuits In This Country And Let Him Ride One Full Season As First Call For Outfits Like Pletcher-dutrow Etc..and Within 6 Months Horse Players And Fans Will Be Saying That Guys A Good Rider Hes One Of The Best..the Usual Bull Heard Around The Tracks And O.t.b. Circuits Of America I Will Say It Again....

Good Horses To Ride..........heres An Example Jockey Rene Douglas Is A Stiff In My Mind And Has A Past Of Being A Drunk....every Year He Is A Superstar And Leading Rider At Arlington,he Was Nothing At Gulfstream,chicago Outfits Cant Compete On Florida Circuit....robbie Albarado Had 2 Winners In 56 Mounts At Keeneland Why ?? Not Riding Good Horses.........at Churchill He Will Get The Top Mounts And Battle Leparoux For Riding Title.....