Saturday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Aqueduct - Race 9

#4 Supreme Summit (5/2 ml)

Unbeaten West Coast invader for O'Neill comes in off a super-impressive performance in start #2, stepping up in class to face a very strong field while taking the worst of it from a pace standpoint after drawing the rail in a field loaded with speed. Just ran off and hid, and that race has already been flattered when 4th-place finisher Dream of Kaylee shipped to Keeneland and scored an impressive win. Loads of speed in this race as well, but now that Supreme Summit is drawn back into a reasonable post, he shouldn't have any trouble stalking the pace as he was able to do in his super debut win. Also worth mentioning that O'Neill has flown into New York to personally saddle this horse, and they mentioned a few weeks ago that Supreme Summit would be pointed at the Preakness with a win here today. Obviously they think an awful lot of this horse, and with good reason. Morning line is a bit short here on the step up to graded company, the stretchout in distance, the new surface, and the cross-country ship, but This One's For Phil will take a ton of money coming off his track-record win (via DQ) on the Florida Derby undercard for local favorite Richard Dutrow, and the highly-touted Mr. Fantasy (last seen going favored over probable Kentucky Derby favorite I Want Revenge in the Gotham) will take a lot of money as well. So i don't think price will be a problem here. Also note that jockey Eibar Coa has previously won aboard an O'Neill shipper, at 6/1 no less. Expecting a big run from this up-and-comer.

HRT record:

55 for 194 (28%)

$467.80 mutuels ($8.51 avg)

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    I think This Ones For Phil will be off and gone !!! He beat Big Drama and BD is better than anything in here.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Aqueduct - Race 9

#4 Supreme Summit (5/2 ml)

Unbeaten West Coast invader for O'Neill comes in off a super-impressive performance in start #2, stepping up in class to face a very strong field while taking the worst of it from a pace standpoint after drawing the rail in a field loaded with speed. Just ran off and hid, and that race has already been flattered when 4th-place finisher Dream of Kaylee shipped to Keeneland and scored an impressive win. Loads of speed in this race as well, but now that Supreme Summit is drawn back into a reasonable post, he shouldn't have any trouble stalking the pace as he was able to do in his super debut win. Also worth mentioning that O'Neill has flown into New York to personally saddle this horse, and they mentioned a few weeks ago that Supreme Summit would be pointed at the Preakness with a win here today. Obviously they think an awful lot of this horse, and with good reason. Morning line is a bit short here on the step up to graded company, the stretchout in distance, the new surface, and the cross-country ship, but This One's For Phil will take a ton of money coming off his track-record win (via DQ) on the Florida Derby undercard for local favorite Richard Dutrow, and the highly-touted Mr. Fantasy (last seen going favored over probable Kentucky Derby favorite I Want Revenge in the Gotham) will take a lot of money as well. So i don't think price will be a problem here. Also note that jockey Eibar Coa has previously won aboard an O'Neill shipper, at 6/1 no less. Expecting a big run from this up-and-comer.

HRT record:

55 for 194 (28%)

$467.80 mutuels ($8.51 avg)

I'm on him as well. Good luck to us both.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    having a hard time with this horse things not to like no gomez but the cal races are bigger..no dirt races no dirt work-outs ,never been dist. no bute off over a month ... going to stick with nick looks like each race he getting a little better , plus takes off 7 lbs. good race
    edited April 2009
    lol
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Supreme Summit was rank from the outset, and ran like complete garbage.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Maybe things to come when the California horses meet some of the better East coast boys !!! Summit ran into a couple of very fast horses. Good job Mr. Fantasy ... I think the mile distance is for him.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    looked like they forgot to juice the track for phil. 3 seconds off today .. gulfstream hurt a lot of horses on fl derby i don't think one has come back and won ...shame...
    edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    looked like they forgot to juice the track for phil. 3 seconds off today .. gulfstream hurt a lot of horses on fl derby i don't think one has come back and won ...shame...

So much for using Dunkirk and QR for all Draynays key plays.

Santana Six got smoked today.
    Theregoesjojo got spanked in the Blue Grass.
    Phil ran second to a horse that I Want Revenge completely crushed.

I'm beginning to wonder if the track at GP that day was dirt or a conveyor belt.
  • edited April 2009
    Flyin ...........the Track At Gulf Killed Those Horses Thats Why I Have The Derby Winner In My Pocket..................i Said This Morning Santana Six Breaks His Maiden Then Gets 9 Lengths Better Against Winners The First Time Gimme A Break.................
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    Flyin ...........the Track At Gulf Killed Those Horses Thats Why I Have The Derby Winner In My Pocket..................i Said This Morning Santana Six Breaks His Maiden Then Gets 9 Lengths Better Against Winners The First Time Gimme A Break.................

how the hell do you have any room in them pockets for the derby winner..them pockets are full of rubbers for sin city
  • edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    how the hell do you have any room in them pockets for the derby winner..them pockets are full of rubbers for sin city

YEA AND IF YOU WERENT SO PUSS# WHIPPED YOU COULD GO...LOL..I ALREADY SENT YOU THOSE PICS OF YOUR DATES BAGGAGE..LOL
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    YEA AND IF YOU WERENT SO PUSS# WHIPPED YOU COULD GO...LOL..I ALREADY SENT YOU THOSE PICS OF YOUR DATES BAGGAGE..LOL

you sure that not your sister your trying to fix me up with?
  • edited April 2009
    If She Was My Sister I Would Consider Pimping Her ..lol..horse Players Cash Up No Credit Or Checks...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Mr. F runs a 1:34.4 and they run 12 sec. splits around the track, if they would of ran another 1/8th in 13 sec they would of run a 1:47.4 faster than many running in the derby on Saturday. That concrete track on Fla. derby day was a joke and it will continue to show.
  • edited April 2009
    One Thing Is For Sure 39 Of The 40 People Polled On Here All Agree The Track Was Juiced..can Anyone Guess Who Doesent Believe It..????????????
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    So much for using Dunkirk and QR for all Draynays key plays.

Santana Six got smoked today.
    Theregoesjojo got spanked in the Blue Grass.
    Phil ran second to a horse that I Want Revenge completely crushed.

I'm beginning to wonder if the track at GP that day was dirt or a conveyor belt.

Make sure you come back and tell me how Quality Road and Dunkirk did in the Derby.... by the way who are you picking ? Or is it a secret.:wonder:
  • edited April 2009
    Draynay..............one Thing I Can Honestly Say Is I Have Never Bad Mouthed Quality Road He The Horse Has Done Evrything Asked Of Him This Year And He Is A Serious Horse................but You Have To Bend A Little And Be Realistic That Track Records Dont Go Down Like That On The Same Day..unheard Of Anywhere.....keep An Open Mind......
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Mr. F runs a 1:34.4 and they run 12 sec. splits around the track, if they would of ran another 1/8th in 13 sec they would of run a 1:47.4 faster than many running in the derby on Saturday. That concrete track on Fla. derby day was a joke and it will continue to show.

top of the ladder for NYB ..............Oh! NO ! NOT ANOTHER FUNNY CIDE PLUS MAKES THAT DUAL QUIF. IWR LOOK A LITTLE BETTER
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    I Got To Thank D-rail-mint For Opening My Eyes About How To Have A Open Mind And Give And Take Thoughts Of Others.. Somethimes You Have To Go Back To The Facts They Don't Bullshit You ...#1 Track Variance #2 Drugs #3 Weight #4 Distance #5 Are You Lucky .............
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    we wont need to tell ya what they did in the derby youll be seeing for yourself and after we will hear about the quality crack excuses. just remember, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts id have a stocking full at christmas
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    we wont need to tell ya what they did in the derby youll be seeing for yourself and after we will hear about the quality crack excuses. just remember, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts id have a stocking full at christmas

Lol... you can say that again.... NO EXCUSES.... Quality Road gets in the gate ....he wins the Derby.
    edited September 2009
    Heads up here. Something obviously went horribly wrong @ Aqueduct (see the link below, he's the #4 horse), but he's had plenty of time to recover now and has been working strongly @ Del Mar for a solid month.

YouTube - 2009 Withers Stakes - Mr Fantasy
    edited September 2009
    Heads up here. Something obviously went horribly wrong @ Aqueduct (see the link below, he's the #4 horse), but he's had plenty of time to recover now and has been working strongly @ Del Mar for a solid month.

YouTube - 2009 Withers Stakes - Mr Fantasy

Damn all the scratches, but wow nice field for an allowance race.
    Good to see Crown of Thorns back.

M One Rifle is tough as nails but I went with Supreme Summit here as well. Hopefully he's cranked up and ready to roll.
    edited September 2009
    Close but just shy. Short field hurt as M One got easy lead and basic fractions.

FWIW, I'll be on Lethal Heat in 8th.
    edited September 2009
    I don't think the scratches mere much factor at all. MOR and SS were the two speeds anyway. SS was definitely getting to him late, but just ran out of ground.

Huge performance by COT on the comeback try, btw. Wasn't expecting him to be so competitive here. Watch out for him at Oak Tree, he's clearly back in a big way.