Quality Road out of Derby

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Just Read This On Drf.com...very Sad To See This Happen...cant Imagine The Amount Of Money They Just Stole In The Future Pool...
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    lets hope we see him in the preekness...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    lets hope we see him in the preekness...

Agree
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    With Quality Road out you're pretty much looking at an allowance race. The Beyer figures that are left in the race are very weak and the field now looks like a group of plodders.

Dunkirk looks like the horse of Destiny and there is NO HORSE in the Derby with as much up side. Yeah.. .he has no race at two and he has only raced 3 times but he is facing average horses and is much the best here.

He has every right to improve off his 3rd lifetime start and if he does who can beat him ?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    With Quality Road out you're pretty much looking at an allowance race. The Beyer figures that are left in the race are very weak and the field now looks like a group of plodders.

Dunkirk looks like the horse of Destiny and there is NO HORSE in the Derby with as much up side. Yeah.. .he has no race at two and he has only raced 3 times but he is facing average horses and is much the best here.

He has every right to improve off his 3rd lifetime start and if he does who can beat him ?

Just because your horse is out, the KY derby is now an allowance race? Get over yourself. This is one of the most competitive fields we've seen in years.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »

you sound like a broken record...our bets sill on looks like sq ed going to make me a grand...stick with the duil quif. they don't fall apart..
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    i said it 2 weeks ago, your horse is now like the pamplemousse, will also be in the barn
    on the 1st satruday in may, but as fast as he his..we should see him win the breeders'cup
    classic!!!!lol
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    turfman wrote: »
    i said it 2 weeks ago, your horse is now like the pamplemousse, will also be in the barn
    on the 1st satruday in may, but as fast as he his..we should see him win the breeders'cup
    classic!!!!lol
    ONLY IF THEY RUN IT ON BLACKTOP
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    10-4....good Buddy!!!!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Just because your horse is out, the KY derby is now an allowance race? Get over yourself. This is one of the most competitive fields we've seen in years.

:cry:

Most competitive fields ? Only 1 horse in the race has posted 2 Beyers over 100 !!!

Half the field has 2 wins or less !!!

Most of the field has only 1 race over a 95 Beyer !!! You call that a strong field ?

The best horse from the west is out and the best from the east is out... what we are left with is a bunch of second stringers and the winner gets to face Big Drama in the Preakness...lol....

I am putting all my win money on Dunkirk. He has the most upside and is much better than the horses remaining. Its an easy race now... Dunkirk wins. Will I have a Super ticket with CC on top yes.... but all my win money will be on Dunkirk.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Get over beyer figures. They aren't the all telling figure. You're just still pouting over QR scratching. Cry on another forum :cry:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    I guess I can tell you now, I was sitting on a future ticket @ 60/1.

First The Pamplemousse, and now this. Unbelievable.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    still got my three dual quif. from pool 1 $4 IWR---54-1 $4 WEST SIDE 40-1 $2 PON 13-1

BUT I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE ...THE LAST 10 YEARS..........
  • edited April 2009
    Dunco I Want To Buy 1/2 Your Action I Will Go To Western Union In 5 Minutes...you Have The Winner And Exacta......you Dirty Dog You...lol...
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    thats why ya shouldnt marry the nags no matter if andy beyer offerin to be the preacher. and if it were an allowance race it is certainly THE allowance race, the one quality road and connections would pull teeth to be part of. next year dont marry the nag do some smart betting and money management.
    edited April 2009
    DC i sure you hit a tri or super to make up for 2 great futures lost.
  • edited April 2009
    Hue..................didnt You And Draynay Have A Wager On This ??????? P.s. The Old Pervert From Florida Has The Winner About 3-4 Post Above This.......
    edited April 2009
    dunco's Old? LOL
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    DC i sure you hit a tri or super to make up for 2 great futures lost.

You know what? I never bet trifectas, but i went ahead and played on one the Derby last year because i thought some longshots (like Eight Belles) would run well. I had both the second-place and third-place finisher on my ticket, but i left Big Brown out of the top spot because i didn't think it would pay much if the favorite won. Turns out it paid something like $1,200. I felt very stupid afterwards. Still made out extremely well on the race, but it could've been a lot better.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    You know what? I never bet trifectas, but i went ahead and played on one the Derby last year because i thought some longshots (like Eight Belles) would run well. I had both the second-place and third-place finisher on my ticket, but i left Big Brown out of the top spot because i didn't think it would pay much if the favorite won. Turns out it paid something like $1,200. I felt very stupid afterwards. Still made out extremely well on the race, but it could've been a lot better.

Paid almost $3500 for $2.00
    edited April 2009
    lol!! I play some tris and supers just for that hoping to hit that elusive pot of gold. Normally though is mad money i kind of set aside just for that so i dont miss it. the bad thing about that though is in the belmont everybody did have big brown on top of the ticket lol