Right Race, Wrong Bird

hue21998hue21998 Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
:idoit:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Don't feel bad, it was damn near impossible to come up with that one....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Don't feel bad, it was damn near impossible to come up with that one....

The only play there was the jockey. You are talking about a horse with a 81 as a high Beyer ???

This is what I thought it would be... a glorified allowance race.

As I lost race after race I noticed the guy behind me was winning another race. I asked who he likes in the next race and he said I just put 20 bucks on whoever Borel is on. All I can think about now is how happy he was after the Derby.

The Sheik had to have a fit.... he spends millions and a 9500 dollar horse wins..... wow......:thumbup1:

Big Drama is going to eat these horses up !!!

Mine that Bird = D tara
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2009
    I have to say that I would feel ripped off to only get 50-1 on the winner. He should have been at least two or three times that.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    i did like summer bird as you know but if i bet that race 100 times i wouldnt have mine that bird on one ticket
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Good point about the odds 50-1 after looking at the form again he should of been 100-1. As for a ticket? I played this horse to show in the Breeders Cup Juv just on the fact that on TheBloodHorse some guy had a huge write up on him on how he was going to win the Breeders Cup Juv. I sure as hell hope he cashed him today! Still cant figure out how he won this race???
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    yea at least giacomo was somewhat legit and had some past to warrant even the freak win I just as i said wouldnt have ever ever bet him. Draynay also right about the turbin horses. LOL our oil prices gonna be spiking
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    the race is over.....when i first went to the race track in 1972, my dad gave me a racing form,
    and i was 8 years old, he said i will give you $1.00 if you count all of the people on reading a racing form,
    the top was $50.00, i came back and said dad almost all of the people have one. he said
    and you all read the same shit...if the best horse won, there would be no race tracks!!!!!
    108 speed fig gets beat by a 81 speed fig....it happens every day around the world!!!!!
    i spend 1/2 of my day each day for clients trying to find that winner....i will give you a 40-1
    shot as quick as i will a 3/5....and will be pissed off if either one does not run well...today
    my clients think i'am the greatest........on sunday if the fail to win, i will be that no good mo-fo
    they sent their money to.....you are only as good as your last pick....today i was good!!!!!

good luck and good racing!!!!!!!
  • Barbar0FanBarbar0Fan Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    I listened on the radio and almost drove my car off the road.
    edited May 2009
    over a horse race.....never that serious...best horse only wins 33% of the time....10 races....3 wins!!!!!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    All these high priced jockey's were getting schooled by Borel all day !!! The rail was live and he took it to them.
    edited May 2009
    some jockeys are not going to ride balls out on a off track...
    edited May 2009
    No, not over a horse race. I didn't have any financial investment in the Derby. It was the shock of a horse that no one considered a legit contender stealing the race.
    edited May 2009
    The jocks should have listened to Jerry Bailey. About 5 minutes before the race went off he was talking on the radio about how the rail had been live all day. He even said that a good strategy would be to fight for the rail. Too bad Pioneerof the Nile had to be kept out in the clear.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    This race proved one thing for sure.... foundation is very very important. The winner of the Derby was a champion at 2.

Big Brown was a freak... don't expect anything like that for 20 or 30 years.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Barbar0Fan wrote: »
    No, not over a horse race. I didn't have any financial investment in the Derby. It was the shock of a horse that no one considered a legit contender stealing the race.

Agreed. Not 5 minutes before the race my friends and I were discussing which horses had absolutely no shot. 4 of us agreed that Mine That Bird was the worst horse on paper in the race.
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited May 2009
    I was at Churchill in turn one. I assure you it was only 50-1 due to the day that the jock had already had. When the horses cam around turn 1 I commented how far back the #8 was as he had gapped the field at least 5 to 10 yards behind the field. When we saw it was the #8 on the rail in the streach we about passed out. I had a buddy that was up $800 going into the race so he placed $100 to win on the two longers shots on the board. When he went to the window he got $5,100. I have followed racing for well over 25 years and still do not believe what I saw based on that past performance form. Mine the Bird was 4th in the Sunland Derbt for goodness sakes. God Bless Borel and I have got to believe it was osme sort of miracle tied to Borel cause there is no way that horse wins the Derby by 7 lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!