Anybody Hit?

DUNCODUNCO Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
did anybody make any money on the derby, just like to know how... ex? dd? pick 3? i didn't but my girl hit the oaks -derby cold one ticket .........

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Thats funny dunco because I didnt hit the derby but my wife had 5 to win and got back about 260...What the double pay about 900?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I made money some on my matchup bets. Would've done very well if POTN had won, but i was stil able to squeeze out a small profit. I didn't play any exotics.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    I did very well minus 460 LOL
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    Oaks Derby Paid $248..............hue I Told You To Bet Dunkirk.....gomez Thought He Was A Winner ..smity At The Top Of The Lane Thought He Was ..what That Must Feel Like?.........borel Will Go Back To His 3 For 25 ..and Not Wake Up Till Breeders.....a Lot Like Frankeee Deee
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    i had him $50.00 across the board, my friends were on me so tough,
    i wanted 1 of them to take the bet, had exacta twice, once with t.v.g
    and once at the track. i finished this week in 2nd place at public handicapper.com
    i go by the name insider secrets....we still have 100 races to go and top 2 will go
    to vegas, so i will be trying real hard to stay in that spot week by week, last year
    i finished in 2,334 place.....so it was a very good week-end..except for the contest
    here, i understand the rules..but to be the only won to pick the winner and get zilch
    but can't win them all!!!!! my horse today ran dead last.....will stay up for hours trying
    to find a winner on tuesday....as i say...your only as good as your last wager..i suck...lol
    still alive at hollywood park for round 2 of their triple crown contest, derby i had 4 picks
    preakness i will get 2 picks, and if i stay alive i get 1 pick in the belmont....it was a great
    week-end!!!!
    good luck and good racing!!!!!
  • ballcoachballcoach Member
    edited May 2009
    my girlfriend boxed 8-16-17 for a $1 won $1034.............she suddenly likes betting horses now imagine that.........I got half, So she is a keeper.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    go to the alter quick.....my friend!!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Nice job, guys!
  • djlocksdjlocks Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    I won a little. I had the 8 to place. But I had an exacta box 16,2,19,7.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I did horrendous Oaks day overall. Maybe cashed 2 tickets.

I made up all my money on the Derby undercard. Had a large win wager on Einstein as well as the tri that race. Also hit the Tri w/ Tizaqueena, Dawn Before Dawn, Lemon Chiffon that paid a little over $600. Couple small exactas.

Lost some of it back on the Derby race. Broke within $10 of even on the two days of wagering.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    It,s Funny When I Saw Nick Zito Clipping In The Paper Where He Said Something Good Was Going To Happen I Look For A Seg-way I Looked Saw It Was Pink Day Before On The Oaks I Used The 8 That Day .but After All The Smoke Cleared I Noticed The Birds Dad ......none Other Birdstone...trained By Nick Zee.......one Of My Big $$$makers In The Belmont And Came Right Back In The Travers...thunder And Lighting...black Sky...never Forget.....
  • studakotastudakota Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Had the Oaks to Derby double and pick 3 to #16- #7-#3, went to protect myself with 5 exs. to those three. Had the right idea was, too cheap to cove them all. Another $66 bucks makes me $2074.00. Alas! Woe is me
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    Looks Like The Girls Win This One .... Were Soo Good ..they Do Just The Opposite..out Of Spite And Win ..gotta Love It
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Dunco, Im So Stupid Birdstone Was One Of My Favorite Horses When He Ran At 2 And Had Him In The Derby...i Was In Boot Camp When The Derby Ran And My Grandmother Put 20 Dollars On Him For Me In The Belmont Because I Was Still There And They Sent Me A Letter And Said You Just Won 7oo Dollars....i Also Loved The Travers Especially When He Was Coming Down The Stretch And They Called Him The Little Man..never Forget....
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Turfman who is nice enough to post on this site everyday had the correct Bird horse on top and the exacta underneath. Looks like not too many people were paying attention. He is only one of the best handicappers amongst us. I would suggest you pay attetion to his postings.

Randy F
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited May 2009
    I ended up taking Musket Man @ 20 across and did not even have him in my top 7 originally but still doubled
    my money and if his nose was a bit longer I woud have received a little more for place.