Mr. Fantasy to pass Preakness, run in Met Mile

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Bloodhorse:

Mr. Fantasy, winner of the Withers Stakes (gr. III), will make his next start in the $600,000 Shadwell Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) May 25, West Point Thoroughbreds’ president Terry Finley said Tuesday.

Mr. Fantasy had been a considered a possibility for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), but Finley and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin felt the New York-bred would be better suited by the Met Mile.

“Kiaran and I both feel he’s a true miler and he’ll get a break in the weights,” Finley said. “If we feel that he doesn’t fit against the older horses in the Met Mile, we’ll wait for the (seven-furlong) Woody Stephens (gr. II).”

The Woody Stephens will be run on Belmont Stakes (gr. I) day June 6.

The son of E Dubai , who actually will turn 3 the day before the Met Mile, has won three of his four career starts. In addition to his Withers victory, he also finished third in the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) behind I Want Revenge.

Mr. Fantasy is also owned by Donald Brooks and Nick Cammarano.

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    from Bloodhorse:

Mr. Fantasy, winner of the Withers Stakes (gr. III), will make his next start in the $600,000 Shadwell Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) May 25, West Point Thoroughbreds’ president Terry Finley said Tuesday.

Mr. Fantasy had been a considered a possibility for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), but Finley and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin felt the New York-bred would be better suited by the Met Mile.

“Kiaran and I both feel he’s a true miler and he’ll get a break in the weights,” Finley said. “If we feel that he doesn’t fit against the older horses in the Met Mile, we’ll wait for the (seven-furlong) Woody Stephens (gr. II).”

The Woody Stephens will be run on Belmont Stakes (gr. I) day June 6.

The son of E Dubai , who actually will turn 3 the day before the Met Mile, has won three of his four career starts. In addition to his Withers victory, he also finished third in the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) behind I Want Revenge.

Mr. Fantasy is also owned by Donald Brooks and Nick Cammarano.

This horse has a real shot at a Grade I and belongs at the mile distance.... good for him !!!:smoking:
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    This horse has a real shot at a Grade I and belongs at the mile distance.... good for him !!!:smoking:

Wow we agree
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Stop Scaring us Draynay your not supposed to agree with our opinions too LOL
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Sorry... I'll try to be off point more often... I am still stewing about the Derby anyway.....