The Fix is on !!! Rachel getting jerked !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
You will not believe what the owner of the Fluke want to do to keep Rachel from running against them. :angry:

I can't believe the nerve of these owners and if they do keep her out by basically cheating I will not even watch the race... they are making a farce of the whole thing. The owners of the Fluke are willing to do ANYTHING ... the whole thing stinks and I want no part of it.....:angry:

Comments

• PaladinPaladin Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Well, lets hope the negative publicity this causes makes them reconsider. However, I believe with 5 weeks rest, the Belmont might be a better race for her.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Smart move if you ask me, it's a better chance at 600K.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Yeah... the hell with the integrity of the sport and to hell with the fans.... good point.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    what happen with putting a rabbit in......let her race.....she seems to be the best horse, but in the long run
    she will never be the same race-horse again.....that filly that beat curlin in the belmont, came back and could
    not even beat her own sex......i don't want to see a great filly get broken down,,,,,shit beat zenyatta first......
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    No... I want to watch her whip the Fluke and beat the rest of this years weak class of 3 year old horses.
  • Barbar0FanBarbar0Fan Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Both Zayat and Mark Allen are a**holes for even considering it. What a "talented maiden" coupled with the 50-1 fluke? What a classless bunch of cowards. I won't even watch the race if these morons enter junk horses just to fill the field.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    the preakness has never had this much hype..so she will run...and the rest will be history!!!!!
  • Barbar0FanBarbar0Fan Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    turfman wrote: »
    the preakness has never had this much hype..so she will run...and the rest will be history!!!!!

I hope you're right Turfman. I hope Allen and Zayat have to pick egg off their faces. It's too bad because I really like POTN.

“People are concerned that it would not be for the good of the sport,” Zayat said. “Nobody wants a situation like we had last year with Eight Belles.”

Well then Mr. Zayat, you shouldn't race your horse in the Preakness because we wouldn't want to have another Barbaro!! :idoit:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    from Left at the Gate:

The latest reports say that neither Mark Allen nor Ahmed Zayat (and certainly not Marylou Whitney) will enter horses in the Preakness with the express purpose of freezing Rachel Alexandra out. Personally, I had absolutely no problem with the concept of them doing so. Allen's notion of running an 0-for-9 maiden is rather extreme however, and poses a danger to the horse itself.

Still, I would only have criticized him for over the latter issue had the scheme come to fruition. People talk about the good of the game, but, for one thing, this is competition. And if an owner, particularly one striving for the Triple Crown, has a chance to exclude a horse which would likely beat his (not to mention deprive him of the services of the jockey who played such a huge role in the Derby success), and do so playing completely within the rules, why would he not do so? I couldn't believe reading Joe Drape equate the posturing with the public outrage after the fatal breakdown of the filly Eight Belles at last year’s Derby as well as Congressional scrutiny of its drug and safety policies. C'mon, this is nothing but competitive gamesmanship; I'd hardly make that comparison!

Besides, I don't see where the good of the game at all requires that Rachel Alexandra runs in this race. She's the most spectacular Kentucky Oaks winner of all time; what's the urgency to run her back so early in the season on two week's rest against this bunch of colts? What exactly would she be proving if she wins? She was being sensibly spotted to share the spotlight on Belmont day against her own kind, and they'll be potential for plenty of far more dramatic encounters with horses of either sex down the road. Assuming she goes on, I'd be more excited to see her face Zenyatta than any of these guys (and even the older ones).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Draynay, You Would Take Her Over Qr????she Will Get In Because All Of The Owners Do Not Want A Bad Rap Like They Would Get If They Did That.i Hate Zayat Anyway And This Just Gives Me More Not To Like About Him..just Let Her Run And The Best One Will Win...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Also The Sunland Derby Was A Key Race...mine That Bird(kentucky Derby) Mythical Power(lone Star Derby By 7) Kelly Leak Got Hurt Out Of That Race...iwill Take Mine That Bird And The 7-1 You Are Going To Get On Him.....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    I cant break down races the way DC, and G-Man can but I would have to feel that RA in the field helps mine that birds chances and not the opposite. 2 horses pushing a hard pace certainly would have to help a closer more than say PON just off the pace. Other wuestions to me, and not saying she isnt the best horse in the race as RA very well may be but, Will she be at the top of her game coming back in 2 weeks after a very very strong race which she got to finish then change her environment and training regiments. Again, to helping mine that bird, the latter would certainly effect RA at the end as opposed to the beginning of the race.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I'm glad Zayat reconsidered. Mark Allen has really began to get under my skin. He sounded like a real trashball on the phone interview with HRTV. I don't think any owner or trainer has pissed me off more than this comment that came out of Allen's mouth yesterday.

"It's good for the game.'

Can anyone explain to me how keeping RA out would be good for the game? Most ridiculous comment. I'm glad he lost his jockey and can't wait to see MTB get crushed in the Preakness. Now I will really be rooting against this one.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    100% agree...