Horses to toss for the 2010 Derby.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Any horse by Unbridled Song. Enough is enough... sons of this horse belong at a mile not a 1 1/4.

Todd Pletcher trained horse.... toss ! Until he wins a Derby it is safe to say he has no idea how to get one ready when he is 0 for 24.

The winner of the Santa Anita Derby.... 0 for last 20 TOSS !!!

Any horse that has not raced at 2. Toss ! horses with strong foundation will win this race from now on.

Any horse that has not raced 1 1/8th Toss !

Any horse off more than 5 weeks .... Toss !

Any horse with only 3 races...... Toss ! There are no more Big Browns out there.
:thumbup1:

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Just Imagine When Todd Pletcher Breaks His Cherry,he Could Go On A Long Tear Though...with The Owners He Has Backing Him With Tremendous Two Year Olds Year After Year Its Only A Matter Of Time............baffert Was On A Roll For A While Then Hit The Drought And Came Right Back This Year With A Quality Colt............you Seem To Be To Close Minded In My Opinion To Ever Be A Serious Horse Player...........you Just Compiled A List Of Automatic Tosses For Next Year And This Year You Only Had That Monster Named Quality Road,the One That Didnt Make It To The Big Dance............keep An Open Mind When Handicapping...things Arent Always As They Appear To Be.............
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    The sad part is my number 1 rule in handcapping the Derby is to see which horse ran 6 furlongs the fastest at 1 1/8th and won. The horse that ran it the fastest was the winner. He did not win the race but if you watch the race and the very fast splits he posted you see where the speed came from after running a very slow half in the Derby. BUT who knew the horse could sit back and become a closer when it never had before.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Another Horse to toss in the 2010 Derby is the one I pick.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lol.... its hard not to feel that way after what took place in this Derby. Rachel being sent to the Oaks when she was clearly a fantastic horse, Quality Road and IWR getting hurt..... strange....very strange..... it set things up for a fluke to win.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    The flukes owners made alottttt of money, i guess their saying call it fluke all you want, he beat all comers including the ones that didnt make it there
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    One loss by your "easy winner" Dunkirk, and all of a sudden you're doing a complete 180?

"Any horse by Unbridled Song. Enough is enough... sons of this horse belong at a mile not a 1 1/4."

"Todd Pletcher trained horse.... toss ! Until he wins a Derby it is safe to say he has no idea how to get one ready when he is 0 for 24."

"Any horse that has not raced at 2. Toss ! horses with strong foundation will win this race from now on."

"Any horse with only 3 races...... Toss ! There are no more Big Browns out there."
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    After Rachel's connections decided to keep her out and Quality Road went down there was only one thing to do. Pick a horse....any horse and I did. The sad part is his Derby was over in 3 seconds... when he almost fell at the start it was over it was obvious he wanted no part of running in that mud.

THE NUMBERS tell you to toss Pletcher horses... THE NUMBERS tell you not to consider a horse who has no races at 2. THE NUMBERS tell you no Unbridled Song colt has ever hit the board in the Derby.

Can a fluke happen....yes this Derby proves that but if you go to the track betting for a fluke to happen you better hope you choose the right fluke.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    What's making me pretty sick right now is that i had a Derby future on Rachel Alexandra @ 125/1, and she didn't run, but now she's going in the Preakness. Real fair.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    What's making me pretty sick right now is that i had a Derby future on Rachel Alexandra @ 125/1, and she didn't run, but now she's going in the Preakness. Real fair.

Ouch.

And as for Derby 2010, the only horse that will be an automatic toss for me is the one Draynay selects :yes:
    edited May 2009
    turfman sure seemed to be pretty confident in how MTB came on top for him.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    the good thing about horse racing is what do you say...once the gate opens....i will not have
    a pick until friday night.....shit, things go bad over night.....the great cigar had won 16 in a row
    then ran into siphon..who made him go mind blistering splits...6 fur 108....and then
    dare and go his stable mate blew by the champ.....it's a horse race....the only way to
    win is get to the wire first.....i wish you all the best, as i will have 2 picks in the hollywood
    park $5,000 triple crown contest...i just hope i pick the winner to stay in the contest..
    50-1 or 1-2.....i need the winner.........
    edited May 2009
    I think each n everyone here no matter what our opinions may be on horses and racing are all pulling for you on this one.