Friesan Fire Given Green Light for Preakness

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Great news that the horse that finished next to last in the Derby is ready to run.... Good news is he can't do worse than 13th. FF = Pyro
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Well he did come out of the race with a quater crack...He also crushed papa clem who ran 4th..right..Give him a second chance he will run better then he did at a much better price.You can bet RA at 1-1 but im not.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I must say, i'm very surprised. Coming out of the Derby, they made it sound like half his foot got torn off, blood everywhere. Now he's okay to run in the Preakness just two weeks later? Very strange.

As for Draynay's comment, just because you ran poorly in the Derby doesn't mean you're going to run poorly in the Preakness. Many years ago, i was pretty high on a colt named Louis Quatorze. I even hada Derby future on him, one of my first. He ran like shit in the Derby, then came back to set the stakes record in the Preakness.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    You bring up a good point but this horse still hasn't run past 1 1/16th and until he does I will pass.
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty sure his last race was 1 1/4 miles.
    edited May 2009
    To me, Friesan Fire running 19th was just as shocking as MIne That Bird finishing 1st. I was really expecting a good run out of FF, for a number of reasons. I'm really not sure what to make of him in the Preakness, however. If he was compromised by a hoof injury, as was claimed by his connections (and that would seem to explain it), then i don't see how he could be ready for this one. I doubt that Larry Jones would run him though, unless he thought he was ready. Mixed signals.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Maybe you need to watch the Derby again.... he STILL has not run past 1 1/16th and there is no need to believe he will do it on 2 weeks rest when he ran so bad on 7. The trainer did this horse no favors.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    how many lengths did dunkirk win by
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Try not to act like a child.... Dunkirk has nothing to do with this and finished 15 lengths in FRONT of FF.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    i think they call that pulling up at the end.
    edited May 2009
    Question? How many times has big drama ran further then 1 1/16? you loved him and just won them weak florida stakes and that delta race....horse runs 1 race since christmas on a concrete track and you picked him for the preakness....wierd.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lone speed what was not to love ? But with RA in the race.... come one ... she is much better than these plodders.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    Question? How many times has big drama ran further then 1 1/16? you loved him and just won them weak florida stakes and that delta race....horse runs 1 race since christmas on a concrete track and you picked him for the preakness....wierd.

I'm pretty sure every play Draynay has selected was based off that day at Gulf. Needless to say, none of them have won.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    I was picking him before RA got in strictly on being lone speed. Unlike in the Derby when there was NO horse in the race with real speed....Big Drama has real speed and knows where the wire is his record speaks for himself.
    edited May 2009
    ok well ra dont go to the lead she sits right off so technically he is still lone speed...every women in the world is going to play her and every person who dont know racing will bet here just because she won by 20 but she did beat what 5 horses who just filled the race anyway.she is a freak just by how easy she does it but it will be a bet against for me at 1-1....If you want to make some money bet the 5furlong turf races im sure the bombs will be dropping....ill be at pimlico on friday...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Its racing so we all know crazy things can happen but don't count on it here. She is simply MUCH better than this very weak group and she is clearly much faster then POTN and MM. The FLUKE has no chance of catching her at all in my opinion. This is just another workout for this horse. Once she wins the Preakness she will be considered one of the all time greats. Its good to see history.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Its racing so we all know crazy things can happen but don't count on it here. She is simply MUCH better than this very weak group and she is clearly much faster then POTN and MM. The FLUKE has no chance of catching her at all in my opinion. This is just another workout for this horse. Once she wins the Preakness she will be considered one of the all time greats. Its good to see history.

Your comments sound so much like the ones you were stating about QR, please tone it down till after the Preakness and don't get this one out of the race before she gets in the gate. I'm a firm believer in JINXING a horse. Let's just sit back and scream like little kids on Saturday when she is galloping home and Calvin is looking of his shoulders. I want to see this filly dominate and this is the year to do it with no such handicapp horses out there to speak of, will probably see another Euro win the BC Classic again this year.

fb
    edited May 2009
    Draynay,you Make No Sense. Since This Is A Very Weak Field Like You Say Then If She Wins Why Would This Weak Field Make Her A Great...great Would Be Like Describing Ghostzapper, Invasor, Big Red, Mineshaft, And Curlin.....