Friday night play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 6

#6 Hot 'n Lacey (7/2 ml)

Filly really improved when putting the blinkers back on and stretching out to two turns at Hollywood, setting strong fractions to just miss pulling off the wire-job @ 29/1, then came back about 3 weeks later and did it again, setting similarly fast early fractions before drawing away to win by 6 lengths. The splits she set that day are actually better than they look on paper, as the only other route race that day was a starter-allowance that went a full second slower to the half-mile. Also, an optional-claiming sprint just a half-hour before Hot 'n Lacey ran also had slow opening fractions (for a sprint) of 23 and 46, making Hot 'n Lacey's splits look even better. Moves up to a starter allowance here, but as mentioned she compared very favorably with one of those races last time, and catches a field here without too much early speed to challenge her. Good shot at wiring this field tonight.

HRT record:

59 for 199 (29%)

$488.40 mutuels ($8.42 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Tough beat here. Hot 'n Lacey was leading the entire way @ 3/1 odds, before just getting nailed in the final jump. Finished second by a head.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Tough beat here. Hot 'n Lacey was leading the entire way @ 3/1 odds, before just getting nailed in the final jump. Finished second by a head.

Just got back home now and saw this. I had a large play on her as well. I took a hit getting nailed at the wire. Turning for home I damn near walked to the windows.