ONE win all year !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I love racing and I get as excited as the next person if not more. But why does everyone have so much faith in a horse that has one win all year and it was in the slop ! On a dry track he has ZERO wins all year.

Still many are claiming the Derby winner is somehow the favorite going into the Belmont. You have to be kidding.....

May I remind all of you that just a few weeks ago the Derby winner could not hit the board in NEW MEXICO !!!

Charitable Man and Dunkirk are the real deal. There is no reason to believe the Derby winner can handle either of them on a dry track. :smoking:

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    the bird man and the Zito horses ...... mark the spot.... though C_Man will be in my plays too
  • POTN93POTN93 Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    im with FLYING PRIVATE in the belmont stakes

i was hoping that bob baffert would send pioneer of the nile.....
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    JUNE 6th weather forcast calls for showers...also showers thurs & fri...w2w
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lol...yeah... I am real worried about what the weather man thinks a week before the race.....
    edited May 2009
    WELL YOU KEEP bs ing ABOUT SLOPPY tracks...YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS...YOU SAY THE HORSE NEEDS SLOP TO WIN...THEN SAY IT WILL NOT RAIN...THAT TO ME IS PREDICTING WEATHER...w2w
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lol... I could care less if it rains or not it won't help the Derby winner regardless ! My point is do we REALLY know what the weather will be a WEEK before the race ? For the Derby winner to have a chance they would have to bring the mud over from Churchill .... do you know something we don't ?
    edited May 2009
    YES I DO...I NOW KNOW I WILL NEVER REPLY TO ANOTHER POST OF YOURS...YOU ARE A NOW IT ALL POMPOUS ASS...HAVE A NICE LIFE...w2w
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Well ... you seem a little thin skinned. Bet that bird and come back and let me know how it works out for you !

I am not a know it all... but come on we all know a weather man has a hard enough time telling you what the weather will be tomorrow .... a week away... lol. please
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    wire2wire wrote: »
    YES I DO...I NOW KNOW I WILL NEVER REPLY TO ANOTHER POST OF YOURS...YOU ARE A NOW IT ALL POMPOUS ASS...HAVE A NICE LIFE...w2w
    WIRE YOU GOT TO KNOW HIS GAME HE IS LIKE A LEACH NEEDS TO DRAW BLOOD..DON'T WORRY HE'LL PISS THE WRONG PERSON OFF AND THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW THERE WILL BE TROUBLE AT THE DOOR STEP IN OHIO..EVERYBODY KNOWS HIS ADDRESS ..FB POSTED IT LAST WEEK...COP[S WILL SAY DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY THAT MIGHT DO THIS ...PUT ME AT THE TOP OF THE LIST ...SOMEBODY BETTER THROW IN THE TOWL FOR THIS GUY ...GIRL?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    DUMCO mind your own business... wire got upset because I simply pointed out the weather is not real accurate a week out. Try to stay in your own sand box please.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    don't push it son ...play elsewhere..the is a big boys game...
  • hardspunhardspun Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    I don't care much for Dunkirk ever since the FL Derby run. I also think the Bird is due to throw in a crapper. I kinda like Summer Bird with Kent on him, but I'm no expert.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Charitable Man should have his own way in this one but Dunkirk is a tough minded horse and on dry ground he will be tough.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Charitable Man should have his own way in this one but Dunkirk is a tough minded horse and on dry ground he will be tough.

Charitable Man was my original play after the Peter Pan, but Imperial Council really came back to run awful. I'm not decided on a play yet, but Chocolate Candy and Summer Bird are becoming more enticing as the week goes on.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    They brought back Imperial Council a little quick after that monster performance. Against almost any other horse Imperial gets the win but CM was unbelievable that day. I think the owners for IC are a little puzzled but when you run into a monster performance what can you do. Charitable Man and Dunkirk are simply too good for this group and I am sure many are cheering for slop because that is the only chance the Derby winner has to hit the board.

May I remind you CM has never lost at Belmont. He has more wins on the track then the Derby winner has wins all year.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    They brought back Imperial Council a little quick after that monster performance. Against almost any other horse Imperial gets the win but CM was unbelievable that day. I think the owners for IC are a little puzzled but when you run into a monster performance what can you do. Charitable Man and Dunkirk are simply too good for this group and I am sure many are cheering for slop because that is the only chance the Derby winner has to hit the board.

May I remind you CM has never lost at Belmont. He has more wins on the track then the Derby winner has wins all year.

As I said, he was my original pick for multiple reasons:
    -Pace should work in his favor
    -Should be fresher than most (especially MTB)
    -Was very impressive in PP Stakes

More than likely I'll be using him with CC and possibly the other bird. Still haven't been sold on Dunkirk, but not going to say he might not be on any of my tickets.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Lol... I could care less if it rains or not it won't help the Derby winner regardless ! My point is do we REALLY know what the weather will be a WEEK before the race ? For the Derby winner to have a chance they would have to bring the mud over from Churchill .... do you know something we don't ?

So now all of a sudden, one day later, you post the marine forecast and start a new thread regarding the weather? Just yesterday you said what I quoted above......
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Just updating with ACCURATE information and not wishful thinking. Take it or leave it.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    ACCURATE? I'm sure one day closer than W2W's forecast from yesterday makes it real accurate. LOL

W2W would drag your ass through the mud in a handicapping contest and you feel the need to degrade him.....I love these internet tough guys.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Internet tough guy ? Lol... I am 6-4 225 lbs and you call me an internet tough guy.....lol....

Any time you or wire want to have a handicapping contest you let me know. So far on this board I am undefeated.