Mr. Hot Stuff Belmont Update

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I just wanted to pass along some info to you all and especially DCAt as I know he has been high on this colt. I gave him out on this site when he broke his maiden and the same source that told me he was ready that day, just sent me a text a said he has been at Keenland and this young colt is sitting on a explosive race. Mentally he is getting better each day as the talent has always been there. I have have this one all over my tickets and maybe we can catch a big one this Saturday with this young colt.

fb

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I am counting on Mr Hot Stuff to keep the Derby winner off the Super tickets. The horse is getting better can he take to Belmont is the question.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    I'm definitely intrigued by Mr. Hot Stuff in this race. He may not have liked the muddy track on Derby Day, and the huge field didn't do him any favors either. He's an improving colt with a strong finish, and he's a virtual certainty to enjoy the distance (more so than the other horses, anyway). And of course, he'll be completely ignored on the toteboard.

My main problem is that he lags way behind and then makes a run, and it seems clear that you don't want to be too far off the pace in the Belmont. It's just not the preferred trip, even less so this year as there doesn't appear to be much pace in the race. Not the best situation for him. Same goes for Mine That Bird, btw.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    I was looking for some insight on MHS as I thought the Derby was just a mess for him. He'll be on my ticket, but as DC said, he has that late running style that I don't like in the Belmont.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Good point Fly good point....