Belmont a 2 horse race.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Charitable has come back from injury and shown himself to be an elite 3 year old. After his last performance it is hard to believe anyone can beat him right now. Dunkirk is just too talented and will get a chance to show off his beautiful long stride in a race that is made for him. :smoking:

Chocolate Candy and Mr. Hot Stuff should fight it out for 3rd. :peace:

Good luck all......:yes:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    And the Derby winner/Preakness runner-up stands no chance. Yeah, right.

Draynay, have you ever picked a horse that didn't win his or her last race?
  • winparlaywinparlay Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    I though Charitable Man got a perfect trip with the frontrunner going 44 and change ahead of him. I also thought he didn't have a lot more to give. Having said that I haven't seen the PP's of the other entrants yet so I will make up my mind after I do!
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    please let me know what month they kick him off the other site ..i want to pour bleach in my eyes ..thanks in advance
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    And the Derby winner/Preakness runner-up stands no chance. Yeah, right.

Draynay, have you ever picked a horse that didn't win his or her last race?

Discreet his Derby in the mud was very impressive and things worked out great when horses without any real speed went out a little too quick. Borel and the little pony had the right trip and won the race cleaning up on tired horses.

His Preakness was a flop to me. He was held way back and never was a factor for the win. He lost by daylight and barely took over a game MM. He managed 2nd but was never a threat for the win.

His style is a style held by better horses in this race. Mr. Hot Stuff on dry ground is every bit as good as the fluke Derby winner if not better. May I remind you that on dry ground the Derby winner is winless and lost 2 against New Mexico horses !

The modest pace works for horses with great strides and the Derby winner has a shorter choppy stride that makes him 5th best in the race.

But bet him to win Discreet and then come back here and let me know how it worked out for you. To me it appears you are not looking at the races with an objective I... may I suggest taking off the rose colored glasses. :smoking:
  • edited June 2009
    I picked charitable man as my triple crown horse last year see no reason to change now.
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Discreet his Derby in the mud was very impressive and things worked out great when horses without any real speed went out a little too quick. Borel and the little pony had the right trip and won the race cleaning up on tired horses.

His Preakness was a flop to me. He was held way back and never was a factor for the win. He lost by daylight and barely took over a game MM. He managed 2nd but was never a threat for the win.

His style is a style held by better horses in this race. Mr. Hot Stuff on dry ground is every bit as good as the fluke Derby winner if not better. May I remind you that on dry ground the Derby winner is winless and lost 2 against New Mexico horses !

The modest pace works for horses with great strides and the Derby winner has a shorter choppy stride that makes him 5th best in the race.

But bet him to win Discreet and then come back here and let me know how it worked out for you. To me it appears you are not looking at the races with an objective I... may I suggest taking off the rose colored glasses. :smoking:

I don't think Charitable Man or Dunkirk ran in the Preakness.
    edited June 2009
    winparlay wrote: »
    I don't think Charitable Man or Dunkirk ran in the Preakness.

Forget this comment. My mistake. As a newby I didn't know how to delete my comments!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Don't worry about it we all make mistakes some more then others.....lol don't worry they know who they are.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    those 2 and the 2 fighting for third will be a 2 horse race alright, race to the oxygen tent lol
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Win Par Don't Get Sucked In..there A Leach In The Water That Likes To Draw Blood... Stick With The Moa
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Don't worry about it we all make mistakes some more then others.....lol don't worry they know who they are.

WELL STICK A FINGER IN YOU EYE NUMB NUT...
    edited June 2009
    Moa. Men of action!!... if you didnt know
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Lol...DUMCO ! what makes you think I was talking about you ? lol...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    those 2 and the 2 fighting for third will be a 2 horse race alright, race to the oxygen tent lol

Dunkirk and CM are heads and shoulders above this weak field. I believe the race is for 3rd should be interesting between CC and Mr. Hot Stuff.
    edited June 2009
    Why do you assume that i like Mine That Bird in the Belmont? Just because i consider him a contender? It's obvious that he's a contender. A pretty strong one. Anyone with a modicum of horseracing knowledge should realize that.

But go ahead and keep making your outlandish statements, trying to get a rise out of people. We all know how amusing that must be to you...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Why do you assume that i like Mine That Bird in the Belmont? Just because i consider him a contender? It's obvious that he's a contender. A pretty strong one. Anyone with a modicum of horseracing knowledge should realize that.

But go ahead and keep making your outlandish statements, trying to get a rise out of people. We all know how amusing that must be to you...

Ok. I will break it down for you. You seem scared to go out on a limb so I will give you my thoughts and you can tell me where I am wrong.

Charitable Man is the easy one so lets start there. The horse is undefeated on dirt and has never lost at Belmont. he was brilliant at 2 and now comes off an injury and looks brilliant again. He is the only real speed in the race and should control the race from start to finish.

Dunkirk has huge Beyer figures and is hard to ignore. His stride is long and shows little wasted motion. He is rested and firing bullets at Belmont. When they come around the final turn he will be 4 wide into the turn. That means the Derby winner will have to go 5 wide...good luck with that.

Chocolate Candy for the last 8 races has been within 2 lengths of victory every race except one in the mud. Mr. Hot Stuff did not like the mud but has now filled out and a few spotters at Knld told me they have not seen a horse run so fast so easy at the track in a long time. Mr. Hot Stuff is firing bullets !!!

That leaves the Derby mud winner the 5th best horse in the race and his Preakness 2nd place finish was nothing to brag about. Yes he caught MM but he never had any chance to win and cleaning up the leftovers means little.

So Discreet are you telling me the Derby mud winner is a factor for the win ? or a factor to hit the board ? Because if you think that little horse has a chance to win... you are dreaming... better yet why don't you tell everyone how much you are betting on him to win.

For the record I will have a few hundred on CM to win !!! A 50 exacta box with CM and Dunkirk and a ALL... CM.... ALL saver ticket :smoking:
    edited June 2009
    The little horse actually has a much longer stride than dunkirk, you might want to check your figures on that.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    No hue its not even close.

Bet the Derby mud winner to win and then come back here and tell me how it worked out for you.
    edited June 2009
    actually im more expecting the summer one to have a big race here
    edited June 2009
    You still haven't answered the question of, "When was the last time you picked a horse that hadn't won it's last race?"

Anyone can pick obvious horses, Draynay. And that's all you ever do...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Gee Discreet I think you know that answer. The Derby I picked Dunkirk.

So how about answering my questions.... In your opinion is the Derby mud winner a factor for the win or just hitting the board ?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    well since he ran second to the super filly then i would say he has a chance...i think he will roll on by them all and i dont see how you can compare mr.hot stuff who is just a maiden winner to minethatbird...and that new mexico race that you spoke of has came back and had some winners more then the florida derby....
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    The Leach Is Looking To Suck Blood,,,let Him Make An Ass Out Of Himself On The Other Site Then We Can Let Him Come Over Here As A Pee On ....that We All Know He Is...ha ..ha "check" Numb Nut.. And Pu T In Your False Teeth When You Want To Talk Here .i Know They Been Knock Out When You Were 10 Years Old Or Three Years Ago... Lets Play ....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    well since he ran second to the super filly then i would say he has a chance...i think he will roll on by them all and i dont see how you can compare mr.hot stuff who is just a maiden winner to minethatbird...and that new mexico race that you spoke of has came back and had some winners more then the florida derby....

I have a friend over at Knld that saw the works put in by Mr. Hot Stuff and he said they were brilliant and he never says that. He has grown into a great colt and I think the dry track will give him a chance to show it. He is fighting for 3rd with CC both on a dry track and moderate pace rank higher to me then the Derby mud winner. Like I said before his 2nd in the Preakness did nothing for me. He was never in the race for the win and picking up second over MM is no big deal...the point is he was far from winning and looked very tired after the race.

Pace makes the race... the moderate pace works to the advantage of Dunkirk and CM. :smoking:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    DUMCO ... instead of bashing me why don't you tell all of us who you think will win and place and why.... or do you just like to bash others who are BOLD enough to give their picks AND tell you why. So far you have offered nothing.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    I have a friend over at Knld that saw the works put in by Mr. Hot Stuff and he said they were brilliant and he never says that. He has grown into a great colt and I think the dry track will give him a chance to show it. He is fighting for 3rd with CC both on a dry track and moderate pace rank higher to me then the Derby mud winner. Like I said before his 2nd in the Preakness did nothing for me. He was never in the race for the win and picking up second over MM is no big deal...the point is he was far from winning and looked very tired after the race.

Pace makes the race... the moderate pace works to the advantage of Dunkirk and CM. :smoking:

TALKIN YOUR SHIT YOU GOT NO FRIENDS ...SO DON'T THROW THAT OUT
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Just what I thought a whole bunch of nothing !!! Dude please....lol.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    DUMCO ... instead of bashing me why don't you tell all of us who you think will win and place and why.... or do you just like to bash others who are BOLD enough to give their picks AND tell you why. So far you have offered nothing.

TO SRART WITH YOUR A CHUMP...OR A GIRL OR A KID THATS TRYING TO BE A BIG SHOT BUT COME ON YOUR A JOKE THAT HAS PUT THIS SITE ON HOLD .....WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE AND HOPE YOU STA Y OVER ON THE OTHER SITE WITH THE OTHER NUMB-NUTS,,, SOO KEEP OPENING YOUR DUMB ASS MOUTH AND YOU WILL HEAR IT NOT FROM NOT JUST ME BUT THE WHOLE SITE ,,,THE BOSS IS JUST SITTING BACK AND PRAYING YOU DON'T LOSE ON THAT OTHER SITE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE HERE ,,,AND WE WILL BLAST YOUR SORRRY ASS ...BUT THAT WHAT A LEACH LIKES ..SOO I GUESS WE CAN'T WIN ...AND BY THE WAY YOU LOSER BET DEE-...
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dude ?? Grow Up That Went Out In 1991
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dude you're nothing but a board bully with nothing to say. You're suppose to come on here and talk horses but all you do is talk nonsense. Nobody knows what you're talking about most of the time with your senseless ramblng, banter and lack of vocabulary tells me you are either dim witted or just angry. Which is it ?

If you have picks great... if not just move along. You have proven to be of little use on a board where horses and horse racing is being discussed.