Horse Racing - Thursday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 4

#7 Freakstein (5/2 ml)

Daughter of the $30,000 sire Bernstein brought $700,000 at the May Barrett's sale after working a furlong in 9.4 (tied with two others for the fastest at the sale). I even found a report on her:

"Bernstein filly had a reputation before the sale and she didn't do anything to tarnish it. Went in 9.4, 21.1, 34.1. Fast, fast, fast. Possibly the fastest filly in the sale."

Take a look at the name, too. Freak-stein. As if to suggest she's a freak. I came across another quote from the sale, which read "When this filly comes out of the barn, everyone will twist their head around to look at her". Apparently she's quite the physical specimen. Looks fast, should run well.

It's also worth noting (very much so) that #1 A Little Humor appears to have worked head-up with the stakes-bound filly Irish Smoke on June 25 and June 17.

Saratoga - Race 5

#9 Cape Cod Escape (12/1 ml)

I did an hour's worth of work on this filly Sunday night, only to see her scratched (from a maiden special weight) on Monday. She's entered back here in a state-bred maiden claimer, which should obviously be weaker. I'm not encouraged that she's being entered for a tag, however. The reason i went digging around on her is that she worked head-up with the stakes caliber filly According to Plan on July 21. The jockey here (Rojas) is only 2-for-72 at the meet, however. And this trainer (Schwartz) appears to use Castellano on his live ones. Just a leap of faith here. Might run very well, might not.

Saratoga - Race 6

#1 Indian Blessing (3/1 ml)

I posted about this one a few days ago. She's been working very well @ Del Mar, most recently in company with Cry and Catch Me, who came out of that drill to win impressively on Sunday. Supposed to be a good one.

HRT record:

21 for 70 (30%)

$197.80 mutuels ($9.42 avg)

Comments

• 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Great call with Freakstein DC!! Great value!
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited August 2007
    Absolutely awesome. Thank you so much.
  • RudyNYC27RudyNYC27 Junior Member
    edited August 2007
    Great cal in the 5th @ 11-1.

RUDY
    edited August 2007
    Hey DC, how's your day goin?
    edited August 2007
    Lol.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Thanks DC for two great calls race 4 and 5.

Your new fan. Randyf San Diego
    edited August 2007
    $571 Pick 3 (No Tax)
    edited August 2007
    Wow. What a morning. Thanks again.

I think ill check out the Del Mar stuff today too ;).
    edited August 2007
    The hard work will always pay off. Many more days like this DC, awesome job!!!
    edited August 2007
    I agree. I always thank for the picks....... but i hope that its understood that im also thanking DC for all the hard work that goes into the picks.

Hope theres some way i can return the favor. Great stuff always....... and thanks again.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2007
    Great job DC!
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    136 Exbox

R9
    5 La Ransom WPS
    135 Exbox

GL
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Freakstein wins @ $8.80

Cape Cod Escape wins @ $25.20

Indian Blessing wins @ $3.70

The $2 Pick Three paid $571.00
    edited August 2007
    Freakstein wins @ $8.80

Cape Cod Escape wins @ $25.20

Indian Blessing wins @ $3.70

The $2 Pick Three paid $571.00
    You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Thank you again DC for your outstanding selections today and for your hard work.

Randyf San Diego
    edited August 2007
    Thanks again.

Any idea how many youre looking at this afternoon?
    edited August 2007
    I'm done for the day, DY...

If you're just looking for action, you might try Just N Excess (Race 5). Looks like she can run a little. Instant Action (Race 8) was extremely well-regarded earlier this year ( i lost a big bet on him in his debut), but something has obviously gone horribly wrong. Does take a big drop here though, and shows a decent work coming in. Might be (somewhat) okay.
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    choons81 wrote: »
    136 Exbox

R9
    5 La Ransom WPS
    135 Exbox

GL

Sorry I replied to your thread instead of starting a new one DC. I guess your luck rubbed off on my play. Small but got some money back after losing the 8th race. Nice calls today bro, sucks that I was out and missed them. You are due to get hot again. GL

R9 Results
    1st 1-Bar City $11.80 $6.00 $4.40
    2nd 5-La Ransom - $4.00 $3.20
    3rd 2-Justinline - - $10.40
    4th 12-Crimson Attire
    $2.00 EXACTA 1-5 $39.60
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for letting me know. Ill check them both out. Thanks again for a great day and all the hard work.

As an aside, i really appreciate you posting the Saratoga plays the night before when you do get a chance to look at the program the previous evening.

Some of us left-coasters have a hard time getting up so early :).
    edited August 2007
    I broached that subject at the other place. Generally i post late because i want to make sure the horse isn't being bet too hard. It's not as much of a problem here (due to the lower readership), but i've had some trouble with my horses being bet down as well. For instance, i posted an 8/1 first-time starter last week who later opened as the 8/5 favorite. Probably a coincidence, but it's always in the back of my mind when i post something. Just trying to watch out for myself (at times, anyway). You also mentioned being a left-coaster, and sometimes i'm just pressed for time on the early stuff. I generally do the work the night before, but not always.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    I broached that subject at the other place. Generally i post late because i want to make sure the horse isn't being bet too hard. It's not as much of a problem here (due to the lower readership), but i've had some trouble with my horses being bet down as well. For instance, i posted an 8/1 first-time starter last week who later opened as the 8/5 favorite. Probably a coincidence, but it's always in the back of my mind when i post something. Just trying to watch out for myself (at times, anyway). You also mentioned being a left-coaster, and sometimes i'm just pressed for time on the early stuff. I generally do the work the night before, but not always.

As always thanks for the picks. Sadly, where I'm from I can't play a few tracks (including Saratoga). Your the only one on the board whose picks I'll play hands down. Don't worry though, I'm playing for fun not to make bank, I'm doing $5WP tix and small exactas, not $100 across.