Who will claim the 3yr. old crown !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Right now the clear leader is Rachel Alexandra. She is undefeated this year and has a Preakness win against the boys. Skipping the Belmont means she will be ready to race in a few weeks. Perhaps a run at the Haskell ?

Who is the best colt ? Right now it appears it could be Dunkirk. I am sure Musket Man will have something to say about that but until Quality Road comes back and proves he can hold up the best colt debate will go on until the Travers.

For now the best 3 year old is a filly. :yes::yes::yes:

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Who is the best colt ? Right now it appears it could be Dunkirk.

LOL. Your claiming the best 3yo colt in the country is a horse who only has a maiden win and n1x allowance race under his belt?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I know ... sounds funny but lets face it we are not going to see anymore 1 1/2 races. The next big race is the Haskell and then the Travers. If Dunkirk was to run in the Haskell he would probably be the favorite over any colt currently running. I don't know if he is running in the Haskell but if he does he may be the favorite regardless of who shows up except Rachel.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    lmao....I would say the best 3 year colt would be one that has hit the board in each of the 3 Triple Crown races.....hmmmmmm
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dunkirk just beat him ! So..... its kind of hard to believe the Derby mud winner is better unless we can run more races in the mud at Churchill. Duh. I think Dunkirk has proven he is the better horse unless your Derby mud is shipped into the next race and Dunkirk still has twice as many wins this year.

Horse wins one race all year and he is the best colt....lol... too funny.
    edited June 2009
    Dunkirk just beat him ! So..... its kind of hard to believe the Derby mud winner is better unless we can run more races in the mud at Churchill. Duh. I think Dunkirk has proven he is the better horse unless your Derby mud is shipped into the next race and Dunkirk still has twice as many wins this year.

Horse wins one race all year and he is the best colt....lol... too funny.

Dunkirk beat MTB by like a 1/4 length. When MTB beat Dunkirk it was double digits.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Yep ! Like I said when races are run in the mud I am sure the Derby mud winner will be favored. But considering he hasn't won a race all year on a dry fast track I believe Dunkirk will be favored from now on. It should be interesting to see who wins the Haskell and the Travers I am sure we will know more at that time. But right now it seems Dunkirk has the edge.... maybe Musket Man changes that at the Haskell.
    edited June 2009
    The best 3 year old should be able to run on ANY track conditions and participate in ALL Triple Crown races. Bye Bye Dunkirk, can't run in the slop and is too tired to run in the Preakness.....pussy.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I agree with that and it seems on a dry fast track the Derby mud winner is a follower not a leader. 0 for 4 so far this year and it doesn't look good for him to get another win any time soon. It appears he can only win in mud.
    edited June 2009
    Why should anyone vote for Dunkirk the cheater? He nailed CM down the stretch, I can't believe the jockey even held on. Any other race and that cheater is off the board.

3 year old colt of the year = the only horse to hit the board in all 3 Triple Crown races. Very easy vote.
  • hardspunhardspun Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    So far it is MTB, but if something jumps up in the next few 3yr old races and wins the Breeder's Cup that horse will be a darn good shot. If the Bird runs a great race in the Cup he is a shoe in.
  • hardspunhardspun Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    My last post reads funny...I mean wins on of the other 3yr old races and also the Breeder's Cup,
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    When the Derby mud winner beats POTN on a dry surface then I will believe he is the real deal but one win all year long makes you a fluke Derby winner. His next two races he got beat by a filly and a Maiden only winner. Geez.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    IWant Revenge was my pick b4 it got hurt

:sad:

i say Rachael.A....... :surrender:
    edited June 2009
    When the Derby mud winner beats POTN on a dry surface then I will believe he is the real deal but one win all year long makes you a fluke Derby winner. His next two races he got beat by a filly and a Maiden only winner. Geez.

LMAO.......you're telling me the Preakness wasn't a dry surface? This might be the best quote you've had so far....lol
    edited June 2009

Pretty sure you're 3yo colt of the year Dunkirk lost to the same fluke and maiden winner. Not to mention, IMHO, Dunkirk should have been dropped to 4th in the Belmont.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I think like most the the stewards made the right call. But my point is this .... Dunkirk set a very good pace in what was suppose to be a paceless race. I doubt if we will EVER see Dunkirk on the lead again but the Derby mud winner has been looked in the eye and left behind and Summer Bird will never see 1 1/2 again nor will he see Dunkirk in the lead again. So with 2 big races coming up the Haskell and the Travers won't Dunkirk be the favorite going into either one of them ?
    edited June 2009
    I think like most the the stewards made the right call. But my point is this .... Dunkirk set a very good pace in what was suppose to be a paceless race. I doubt if we will EVER see Dunkirk on the lead again but the Derby mud winner has been looked in the eye and left behind and Summer Bird will never see 1 1/2 again nor will he see Dunkirk in the lead again. So with 2 big races coming up the Haskell and the Travers won't Dunkirk be the favorite going into either one of them ?

My money would be on no. I'd say if MTB and Dunkirk meet again in either, MTB would go off favored. Needless to say I'd bet Dunkirk.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    lol... its really strange to think right now the best 3year old is a filly and the best colt is still up for grabs right now.
    Musket Man may improve, Quality Road MAY come back and claim the crown, The Derby mud winner MAY come back, and Dunkirk may launch forward and leave everyone behind. I guess by the time the Travers comes around we will have a more clear answer.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    It's is definitly unfair to say that Dunkirk can't run inthe slop, after the race he had inthe Derby. When they opened the gates he went down to his knees nearly losing his rider. After recovering, he was in between horse getting banged up and came out of the race with cuts on his legs, the reason why he didn't run inthe Preakness. The premature move that Borel made cost both of them 1st and 2nd place. Dunkirk is, no doubt, the best 3yrold Colt inthe country right now. RA's next race will be at Belmont against the Filly's.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I agree with you ... I believe Dunkirk right now is the best 3 year old colt running but few will agree. What a great gritty run by Dunkirk.... on the lead ! Amazing.... to think he is so lightly raced and should only get better. I am looking forward to a Dunkirk / Quality Road rematch.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Just wanted to welcome the new guys to the board....thanks for stopping in!
  • CurlinCurlin Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    Dray, Dray, Dray, 1st you get banned for a month from the TC blog and now you annoy these good people on this website. Shame on you. It wasn't just 6 weeks ago you were touting Quality Road as the best 3 year and now it's Dunkirk, RA, etc. What about Vineyard Haven who you were saying in January would walk away with the Derby and there wasn't another 3 year old better. Then it was Stardom Bound. Good to see you haven't change regardless of which forum you're posting.
    edited June 2009
    Curlin wrote: »
    Dray, Dray, Dray, 1st you get banned for a month from the TC blog and now you annoy these good people on this website. Shame on you. It wasn't just 6 weeks ago you were touting Quality Road as the best 3 year and now it's Dunkirk, RA, etc. What about Vineyard Haven who you were saying in January would walk away with the Derby and there wasn't another 3 year old better. Then it was Stardom Bound. Good to see you haven't change regardless of which forum you're posting.

:drinking: Great 1st Post!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Curlin wrote: »

Since March when Rachel ran in the same mud as Friesan Fire and ran it easier and faster I felt she was the best 3 year old and said so many times. However Jason told me he would not post any of my Rachel posts because she was NOT going to the Derby.

Since March I think it has been VERY clear that the best 3 year old amongst this very weak group is Rachel A.

And for the record I still believe the best 3 year old colt is Quality Road.
  • ZookeeperZookeeper Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, it looks like Quality Road is coming back... We will soon find out.:wonder: