Should Draynay be Banned?

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Alright. It is time this thread be brought up. Draynay is bringing down the overall demeanor of the forum on a daily basis, and it is on a downward spiral with threats from some of more prominent posters talking about leaving (FB, G911, DC, etc). I even find the maturity of my own posts diminishing as the weeks so by.

Here is the deal. I'll leave this poll open for 3 days. At the end of the week I will e-mail Edward with a link to the thread. If there is enough negative response maybe this will lead to some action. It is his site, so I can't guarentee this will lead to anything, but it is worth a shot.

If possible, Edward or Veronica, a sticky would be great. If not, I'd appreciate some bumps of the post to keep it near the top so all users have a chance to vote.

**IMPORTANT**
Please just post a simple yes/no and 1 line of explanation. Let's not turn this thread into a pissing war like all the others. If you see the thread near the bottom of page, respond with a simple "bump" to bring it back to top.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, for the reasons stated above.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes -- He or She--Professional Antagornizer.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Bump
  • edited June 2009
    Yes...............brings Nothing Of Value To The Site What So Ever.....except His-her-its...own Personal Agenda..
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Yes.....hardly ever positive....very instigating....does not get along with others at all!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Actually I Really Dont Care As I Dont Read Any Of Draynay Threads Or Respond To No It Alls...i Will Leave It To The Site Administrator After All Its His Site Not Mine.....i Say Ignore 100 Percent.....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Gambler you said yes he brings nothing to the site....and then you said Actually I don't care I don't read Draynay threads. Which is it ?

Do me a favor Gambler why don't you copy the thread or post to you that upset you so much... why don't you show the moderator just how evil I can be and all the names I have called you.

This is your chance Gambler show everyone how terrible I have been to you......
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    FLYINLATE... why don't you do the same thing. You did the same thing at another site and couldn't post one rude comment I have made towards you.

By the way there are a few on here and they know who they are that email me to my private email that tell me just to ignore the few on here that like to WHINE AND COMPLAIN but I am not going to let some of you just run your mouth without some proof.

IF I HAVE WRONGED ANY OF YOU SHOW IT OR DROP IT.

If it is really that bad you are free to leave no one is keeping you here.
  • mcsockmcsock Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes
    He adds nothing here, only upsets others.
  • edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Gambler you said yes he brings nothing to the site....and then you said Actually I don't care I don't read Draynay threads. Which is it ?

Do me a favor Gambler why don't you copy the thread or post to you that upset you so much... why don't you show the moderator just how evil I can be and all the names I have called you.

This is your chance Gambler show everyone how terrible I have been to you......

YOU DONT OFFEND ME AS I DONT READ YOUR THREADS OR OPINIONS...IN YOUR MIND YOUR A GENIOUS AND NO IT ALL.....YOUR ONLY INTERESTED IN YOUR VIEW AND YOUR OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS.....WHEN YOU MAKE RIDICULOUS QUOTES LIKE ..WILL WIN FOR FUN...AND THEY STINK THE TRACK UP YOU DONT RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS OR OPINIONS...YOUR A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND..I TOLD ON MY POST SATURDAY I FELT PHIL WAS DAMAGED GOODS AND I ADVISE NOT TO BET A DIME ON THAT HORSE.....I HAVE NUMEROUS POST LIKE THAT THAT TIME AND TIME AGAIN COME OUT THE WAY I SAY..IS THAT JUST LUCK.??? YOU COULD LEARN FROM PEOPLE LIKE ME IF YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND PAY ATTENTION...I DONT READ ANYTHING YOU POST AS YOU HAVE ZERO CREDABILITY AS A HANDICAPPER EXCEPT IN YOUR OWN MIND......
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    To the Forum:
    Id like to thank all of you for being open handicappers, teachers, friends and advisors.
    G-Man - The best pure handicapper I maybe have met, even more so, a good friend
    D-Man – About the one person that actually makes me laugh out loud reading print,
    a counterpart, a good friend
    D.C. – If patience is a virtue than virtue should be your middle name thanks for teaching
    me that aspect of the game which is such an important part. I hope always a friend
    T-Man – Mr. Persistence thanks for the pride you take on the good and bad days. I hope always a friend.
    FB Winners I think Mr. Connection in his own right, Please always keep it up and I hope a good friend also.
    Wire to Wire- Mr. business as usual probally the most read posts by me and certainly a lot of respect
    Mikeinyc - Hope always a good friend, our handicapping always seems to have so much in common
    In the Fog - noisy in a very quiet way. I think another word for that is Respect.
    JTC - a lot like me wanting and willing to learn
    Tracker – Don’t know what to say yet really but Nice Job
    Rayphil – Mr. Consistent, thanks for the great picks
    Bbixler – A lot like me I think too weighs all options
    And without further Adieu
    Draynay!!
    Draynay probally my post here will alienate, infuriate, bother, or make plain Laugh Out Loud for some and any of the above is really ok.
    To the banning I would say “NO”
    Draynay touches a nerve so bad that even in trying to ignore, he touches a nerve so bad that you cant plain ignore and have to comment. I would say “NO” because he brings out the very best and the very worst in everyone of us here. If we didn’t like that challenge you and I would have ignored Draynay a very long time ago. How many of you, like me, went over to bloodhorse to read the banning blog. If its attention Draynay wants, he seems to get it, far from good attention many times but he gets it from every one of us.
    to the banning I say “No” because it has always been my option to ignore anyone and that is your option also. HRT is not my site but I sure enjoy coming here each and every day to handicap, socialize, have fun and make friends. That’s my option and don’t feel is my business to make that option for someone else.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Gambler ... I am a horse fan and a handicapper. I am a FAN of certain horses and This One's for Phil is a horse I like and was cheering on... what you do not mention is I thought Munnings may wake up and prove he is much the best and did just that. But you failed to mention that.

I am a expert handicapper. And I run across people like you all the time who think they know more then me. Some know more but still can't pick the right races or the right horses. I have been going to the track since 1969 and I have seen a thousand guys like you angry and bitter.

I have a blast and nothing is more fun then a day at the races... feel free to join my hater list...I find them to be my biggest fans !
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    HUE....well put....but when a guy drives away some of the good people here then its time for him to go....I have seen this happen many times on other sports sites....its about to happen now if we don't get rid of this insect....he causes friction which causes threads to get lengthy with bs....sometimes you just wanna jump on the net look around and get off....with this bug around you have to weed through a lot of crap....G911 is right too....he could be a she....I was married once to a relentless bitch like this....RELENTLESS should be his new name....but seriously....this site will take a big hit if some of the best leave because of him....I hope Edward is reading this...
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    To the Forum:
    Id like to thank all of you for being open handicappers, teachers, friends and advisors.
    G-Man - The best pure handicapper I maybe have met, even more so, a good friend
    D-Man – About the one person that actually makes me laugh out loud reading print,
    a counterpart, a good friend
    D.C. – If patience is a virtue than virtue should be your middle name thanks for teaching
    me that aspect of the game which is such an important part. I hope always a friend
    T-Man – Mr. Persistence thanks for the pride you take on the good and bad days. I hope always a friend.
    FB Winners I think Mr. Connection in his own right, Please always keep it up and I hope a good friend also.
    Wire to Wire- Mr. business as usual probally the most read posts by me and certainly a lot of respect
    Mikeinyc - Hope always a good friend, our handicapping always seems to have so much in common
    In the Fog - noisy in a very quiet way. I think another word for that is Respect.
    JTC - a lot like me wanting and willing to learn
    Tracker – Don’t know what to say yet really but Nice Job
    Rayphil – Mr. Consistent, thanks for the great picks
    Bbixler – A lot like me I think too weighs all options
    And without further Adieu
    Draynay!!
    Draynay probally my post here will alienate, infuriate, bother, or make plain Laugh Out Loud for some and any of the above is really ok.
    To the banning I would say “NO”
    Draynay touches a nerve so bad that even in trying to ignore, he touches a nerve so bad that you cant plain ignore and have to comment. I would say “NO” because he brings out the very best and the very worst in everyone of us here. If we didn’t like that challenge you and I would have ignored Draynay a very long time ago. How many of you, like me, went over to bloodhorse to read the banning blog. If its attention Draynay wants, he seems to get it, far from good attention many times but he gets it from every one of us.
    to the banning I say “No” because it has always been my option to ignore anyone and that is your option also. HRT is not my site but I sure enjoy coming here each and every day to handicap, socialize, have fun and make friends. That’s my option and don’t feel is my business to make that option for someone else.

THAT WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT GOOD POST HUE..F.O MOA
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    GAMBLER FOR THE RECORD HERE ARE YOUR PICKS FOR BELMONT

Race 5 {2-3-5-9-10} A Wide Open Affair In My Mind....

$2.00 Pick 4 Race 2 {3-6} With {2-10} With {1-2-4-10} With {2-3-5-9-10} ==$ 160.00

Race 6 { 6 } Fabulous Strike Looks Like An Absolute Standout In Here To Me..he Exits Two Graded Events And Shortens Up To 6 Furlong Today..note 4 Bullet Works At Penn National Trainer Beatties Home Base......if You Try To Beat This One I Suggest You Quit Handicapping And Gambling For Good......
    $200.00 Win # 6 $20.00 Exacta Wheel 6 / All Total -- $300.00

Race 7 {1-5-7-8} $3.00 Trifecta Box $72.00

Race 8 {1-2-4-8} #8 Hull ...note..this Was M.o.a. Big Play Released By The Boss And D.o.p.e. At The Derby Trial.........this Unbeaten Son Of Holy Bull Reunites With Regular Rider Mena ...this Colt Is Lightly Raced But Seems Very Versatille In My Mind He Has Run Over Three Different Tracks At Three Different Distances And He Has Won Them All....notice How He Finishes Off His Races By Opening More Lengths On His Oppisition A Very Positive Sign Indeed......# 1a Everdays Heroes....another Unbeaten Colt Who Is 4--4 Lifetime ..the Extra Furlong Is All New To Him Today But Another Who Finishes Strongly Therefore I Dont See 7 Furlong Hindering This One At All.....#4 Munnings...tackled The Big Boys As A Two Year Old..had A Nice Allowance Prep Off The Layoff And Is A Player In Here Dont Overlook.........
    #3 This Ones For Phil.............another That Had The Misfortune Of Running On "black-saturday" And He May Be Damaged Goods ....as To The Best Of My Knowledge No Horse That Ran On That Asphalt Surface That Day Has Won A Race Since.....you Guys And Our Roving Weather Expert "draynay " Can Have This One...i Cant Touch Him.....
    $20.00 Exacta Box { 1a--4-8} $120.00

Race 9 {4-8-9} $10.00 Exacta Box $60.00

Race 10 {1-5-9-12} $3.00 Trifecta Box $72.00

Race 11 {6} $100.00 Win #6 $20.00 Exacta Key 6/ 2-7-8 $5.00 Tri Key 6/ 2-7-8

THE ONLY race you got right was the 6th with Fabulous Strike at 4 to 5 ! Nice hit... your first choice in every other race LOST. So I guess you were 1 for 7. Hope to see you at Keeneland....lol....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I really did mean when I said G-Man the Best Pure Handicapper I know and I do know a few real good ones that have made their living for years on horse racing. G-Man pulled me outta the shitter for belmont with an email with a horse.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Well... bring that 5k in cash to Keeneland in October on opening day and I will be more then happy to play you for it. But may I suggest you keep the potty mouth at home. Its one thing to blog it ... its another to say it to my face.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Lol.... dude ? Are you for real ? What is the matter with you ? This is no way to conduct yourself. Sounds like you had a rough day.... if its a winner you need let me know and I will be more then happy to help you out.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    My vote is "Yes" for the Dryanay ban. The guy is not completely mean-spirited, but he continually provokes others (intentionally) and causes thread to deteriorate into what are basically online shouting matches.

I was hoping that, once confronted, he might choose to turn over a new leaf and become benign (rather than malignant), but it's become increasingly clear that he has no interest in doing that. He gets his kicks out of irritating people, and there's no place for that here as far as i'm concerned. It's simply not nice.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I have people calling me violent names and making personal threats to me and it is somehow my fault Discreet ?

Why don't you post all the mean and evil things I have posted ... and then I will post some of the things Gambler911 has posted.

You have nothing to say about his post ? Nothing ? Threatening to stab someone's eyes is permitted here ?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    I told Gambler to relax in the other thread. In no way do i approve of his comments; they're 100% wrong.

But Draynay, you cannot provoke people into shouting at you or calling you names, then point your finger at them and talk about how bad their behavior is. It's not like Gamber just started in on you for no reason.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited June 2009
    Alright, so here is the deal. Draynay is going to be suspended for one week. During this time we are going to set a list of posting rules that all must follow. No matter how annoying a poster is, personal attacks and threats can not be tolerated.

If anyone is interested in becoming a moderator here, and helping out with these situations in the future please e-mail info@horseracingtalk.com.

Thanks,

Edward
This discussion has been closed.