*My name is Mike hue21998 here
48 years old
*born in connecticut and still live in the taxed to death state
*Favorite hobby capping horse races
*favorite sport football
*years playing the ponies 8
*favorite bet - exacta box with all with a big field and a long key horse
*most memorable horse racing moment - sitting in the stands for the 2001
Belmont Stakes, hitting 6 out of 10 exacta boxes and having $500 on empire maker
to win
*worst horse racing moments - sitting in the stands for the 2001
Belmont Stakes, hitting 6 out of 10 exacta boxes and having $500 on empire maker
to win. If I got my ass kicked ida probally not been interested to play again
*My best attributes for capping a good IQ
*my worst - Lack of patience.

Hope to get to know you all and share in some bankroll increases!!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello To You Too Hue..
    My Name Is Raymond Phillips "rayphil"
    25yrs Young And Ill Be 26 Tomorrow
    Love Playing The Horses And Sipping On A Cold One
    Ive Been Playing Horses Since I Was Cutting Class In The 11th Grade
    Best Moment Was Last Year Hitting Back To Back Signers From Delmar And Saratoga Pick 4
    Worst Moment Was When Victor E. Blew The Last Race On Aspen Diamond Costing Me A 10,000 Pick 6
    Also Cigar Coughing Up 2nd In The Classic To Lq Cost Me A Big Triple.
    My Best And Worst Attributes Are Wanting To Wager On Every Race...but I Love Them Baby Races Just Like The Gambler.....

Well Hue I Hope More People Post And Hope Some People Can Share Some Info So I Can Gain More Knowldege..............
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I just thought with all the happenings the past couple days maybe it would lighten things up
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    *My name is Nathan
    * FlyinLate here
    *23 years old
    *Born and raised in IL. Chicago south Suburbs.
    *Favorite hobby - Handicapping
    *favorite sport - Football
    *years playing the ponies - 4
    *favorite bet - Win + Pick 3's
    *most memorable horse racing moment - My first KY Derby 2 yrs ago
    *worst horse racing moments - Rushing to put in a Pick 4 and hit the wrong #. Needless to say the number I mispunched came in the last race. Cost me over 1k.
    *My best attributes for capping - Intelligence, patience, willingness to dedicate time
    *my worst - Not knowing when to pass on a race
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    I Think The Time Will Come When We Will Learn How To Pass On A Race F.l.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    My name is DiscreetCat, and i'm an alcoholic.

LOL, just kidding.
    My name is DiscreetCat, or DC for short.
    41 years old from Las Vegas, NV (via Houston, TX).
    *favorite sport (other than horseracing) is baseball
    * years betting the horses - 16
    * favorite bet - Win
    * favorite moment - Squirtle Squirt winning the 2001 BC Sprint
    * least favorite moment - Bernardini losing the 2006 BC Classic
    * favorite races - Saratoga 2yo's
    *least favorite races - cheap claimers
    *best attributes for handicapping - good analytical skills, selectivity, and a good eye for watching races
    * worst attributes - tendency to take too short a price at times (based on my confidence level, i guess), and lack of insight regarding exotic wagers.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    LOL ya didnt say your favorite drink i hope isnt that cheap wine lol
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Joe (JTC1984) ....that's the year my son was born...
    I'm 55 from Brooklyn/Staten Island NY....now in Miami Beach since last year
    Baseball is my game and I like football too...I'm a follower when it comes to horses and G911 and FB winners are two of the best I've seen....it's a tough grinidng game....
    Best moment for me in horse racing was Saturday when I hit with Summer Bird and started the war with the late great Draynay....
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Hey DC do you have a first name or do Texans just get initials???
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    jtc1984 wrote: »
    Joe (JTC1984) ....that's the year my son was born...
    I'm 55 from Brooklyn/Staten Island NY....now in Miami Beach since last year
    Baseball is my game and I like football too...I'm a follower when it comes to horses and G911 and FB winners are two of the best I've seen....it's a tough grinidng game....
    Best moment for me in horse racing was Saturday when I hit with Summer Bird and started the war with the late great Draynay....

YOUR A SMART AND FUNNY GUY!!!
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dunco....please share your biography with us....we are trying to become a civilized group now....also state your first name....no hiding in this thread....
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    My name is kingoftherapids
    22 years old from Hot Springs, AR
    *favorite sport- Horse racing then college football (Go Hogs)
    * years betting the horses-7
    * favorite bet - Pick 3s and Exactas with a sure first place horse
    * favorite moment - Seeing Oaklawn's new crop every year. Seems like now it is "who is going to be the Triple Crown out of this bunch this year"
    * least favorite moment - Smarty Jones getting beat in the Belmont
    * favorite races - races that I win
    *least favorite races - Maiden races (they always screw the crap out of my pick 4)
    *best attributes for handicapping - I have grown up at Oaklawn Park. Seen what a great horse looks like. Cigar, Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Bayakoa, Azeri, Victory Gallop, and Curlin have provided some great entertainment only about 2 miles from my front door. Oaklawn is one of the only tracks in the country that raised purses twice this year. Everyone else is cutting races and days and purses, but Oaklawn is going opposite big time. It is neat to see. If we only had a short fall meet!
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Hi I'm Greg Dunn A.k.a. Dunco Just Got Out Of Prison After 7 Years For Blowing Up Somebody's Car That Try To Back Stab Me...i Really Didnt Think It Was Going To Set His House On Fire ..but I Paid My Dues And Now I Am A Collector For A Book In Florida , A Lot Of Deadbeats Down Here But A Fun Job... Fav Sport Mma..love Hearing Bones Break...fav Jock Chop Chop Only One Person Is Better With The Wip And Thats The Old Lady...hobbies ..drinking ,,smokin Weed..bustin Ball...
    Best Friend ..... I Met Gambler He Took Me Under His Wing As He Was Serving 20 Years For Drug Trafficking-money Laundering,and Weapons Charges...you Can Add We Ran The Book In The Joint... Horses ...sports... Poker Games.... Parlay Cards We Had It All And Have Been Friends Ever Since...

• mcsockmcsock Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    My name is McSock
    59 years old in So Cal
    Hobbies: Poker and handicapping
    Favorite sport: Pro football
    Years betting the horses: 40+, 37 of those years, once or twice a year at a track, no idea how to read a form. 3 years being a little more serious about it.
    Favorite bet – Win and Pick 3s
    Favorite moment – Seeing Zenyata break her maiden live.
    Least favorite moment Death of Barbaro
    Best attributes for handicapping – I am not a total idiot. Willing to learn.
    We have some people here at this site that are willing to help. I thank you. Once I figured out who to read and follow their advice and started trying to figure out where they got their picks my enjoyment of the games has increased a lot.
  • TrackerTracker Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello every one.
    *I go by the handle Tracker
    *I am 65 years young
    *been playing the horses 35 years (it doesent get any easier)
    *favorite hobby -handicapping horse racing
    *favorite sport golf--if I am not capping I am thinking about another 18 some where.
    *favorite bet exactas---maybe a Tri ever so often (may need to play more pick 3s and 4s) or dailey doubles. Not playing them is more than likely one of my down falls.
    *most memorable plays----playing and hitting every Derby for the last 5 or 6 years. My memory not as good as it use to be.
    *worst racing moments---- not playing my GUT feeling on a race ----many times
    over handicapping----leaving the OTB with my tail between my legs, and head down.
    *favorite tracks are New York Circuit Tracks.

I love horse racing and being around other people who do also. I have always looked at handicapping as if it were a sience. Many many ways and angles to look at a race from.

I am still fairly new to the site and really do like it. There are some great handicappers here and very friendly people. My handicapping goes up and down (hills and valleys) as every one does. Some days you can do no worng and others I cant find my way home----but thats horse racing.

Hope to get to know every one much better and enjoy having this site and players as part of my great horse racing experience.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi Everyone
    Floydrturbo only old Carson fans know who that was.
    I am 51 and played horses since I was about 6 if my dad would make the bet for me.
    Sports and Favorite is Horse Racing.
    Favorite bets are any that cash for profit and the situation dictates the bets for me.
    Not a tout or a player of touts selections.
    Tracks River Downs and Turfway mostly but have been to almost every track east of the Mississippi and all in California.
    Best bet ever was the Charismatic- Menifee Derby exacta
    Worst ever I can't recall because a bad day at the track is better than a good day just about anywhere else!
  • Greg J.Greg J. Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    Greg J. Here...
    Hello to Everyone...
    New Here, I hate to say this, but I followed Draynay over here to see who would allow him, And you banned him for a week, too Funny...Him and I have had some battles on Bloodhorse...
    I am 42..
    Live in Bristol, Connecticut...
    Grew up on a farm in Vermont and had Horses growing up(had an ex TB champ, "Comanche"...)
    Been placing wagers on these great Athletes since I was about 20
    Favorite Hobby, This is it, I am a huge Historian of the Sport of Kings, Can never get enough.
    Favorite Sport, You name it...Love The Patriots, Red Sox(7 straight against Yankees, Tonight wil be 8, lol).
    Favorite Moment?, I live in the now, So I would say this years Triple Crown, Won money on all three, But would have to Say either seeing Nicanor Break his Maiden by 15 at Del. Park in person OR hitting a $6 Exacta Box in derby for $6,200(To be honest, I wanted 6-16, I checked tickets the next day, The teller entered 8-16!, I can't take any credit for picking MTB, lol...
    Worst Moment?, Same as McSock, Seeing Barbaro's fight for his life End, Tragic...
    Best attributes for handicapping ? I would have to say, I study Everything, Every Stat possible, But my Best would have to be my Gut, It has worked so far...

Anyways, Looking forward to Posting here, Good Luck Everyone...