RA poetry in motion!

DanipDanip Member
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
What a filly! She just toyed with them. This really prove this filly is able to be rated. I don't care what anyone great horses don't win by 19 and set records while being geared down in the final furlong. Calvin needs a rear view mirror, or he may break his neck soon, lol

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    2 horses going 44 and change......what other horse dont when by 20.....big day hard track the norm.....
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    rayphil,
    those fractions are not the norm by any means, fast track or not. Winning by 19 lengths eased is not the norm. cantering you final furlong in 12.6 seconds is not the norm. If you want to see normal look at Zeyatta's win. Was it a win, yes, was it dazzling, not by any means.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    how many times has she been beat.........129lbs is not the norm either
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    Rayphil i don't count what went on last season in my HOTY opinion, and being that this year she's never been beaten. Also being beaten does not mean your not great. Do think Secretariat, Spectacular Bid, or Affirmed were not great, just because they were beaten. If you do then why on earth should i respect your opinion. You are correct about the wieght, but horses have carried more, and honestly much more. RA was awesome yesterday whether you'll admit it or not.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    how many times has she been beat.........129lbs is not the norm either

Regardless of the few factors that worked to RA's favor she still set a record being geared down with Calvin being a goofball on her as usual.

I don't understand why some people cant be fans of both RA and Z. Everyone seems to have their favorite and take knocks at the other filly.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    flyinlate,
    I actually do respect and like Zen. I do happen to like and think RA is better. Zen i feel also has more to prove. I wouldn't mind if she stayed in Cali, but i'd love for her to try boys, either one would be great, but that would be the one of the two i'd want to see her do. RA has race on five tracks, in five different states this year, while Zen has one track one state, total she has two track two states. RA has a classic win against the boys, while Zen does not. I feel Zen is a fantastic mare, but at this point i feel RA has accomplished the most.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Moss and company know if they want to win HOY, and they thought they were suppose to win last year. They have to do one of two things below. They truly know by facing the same fillies and mares in Cali isn't going to win them the HOY they all want. I really don't think that RA and Zen face one another, I see Zen facing the boys in Cali before she faces RA, the boys in Cali are plan horrible. I truly think that it would be hard for Zen to run down RA on a fast track. For the comment on RA being able to rate all you have to do is go back and watch her earlier races she has rated before, this filly hasn't peaked yet. If she keeps facing 3yo filles this year you will see the same thing over and over, 3-4 horse fields. No other owner / trainer will want to run against her.

Zenyatta has to do one of the two below for HOY honors.

1. Face the boys and win.

2. Face Ra and win