Pacific Halo entered Friday

thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey I was just curious if you guys thought Pacific Halo was a solid play tomorrow night in the 8th race at Hollywood It appeared to me that PH needed his last. He was in a great striking position to the lead at the top of the stretch before tiring he has worked since that race and I think its maiden breaking time. I havent looked at the rest of the field so i guess thats what i need help with is there anyone in the race that looks better.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I agree that Pacific Halo looked short last time out (unfortunately). If you haven't seen already, i posted my prior thoughts about him in the Horses to Watch thread.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    thebox138 wrote: »
    Hey I was just curious if you guys thought Pacific Halo was a solid play tomorrow night in the 8th race at Hollywood It appeared to me that PH needed his last. He was in a great striking position to the lead at the top of the stretch before tiring he has worked since that race and I think its maiden breaking time. I havent looked at the rest of the field so i guess thats what i need help with is there anyone in the race that looks better.
    I would consider the #5-objectified--#13---great raid and #11--forest sunrise ,to consider with pacific halo ....ok
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey Husker what was the last race that Forest Sunrise ran on the site that I watch race replays its only showing a race last year msw on the turf that he was 86 to 1 in and didnt run a lick so i figured he has to show something else to warrant 7/2 2nd choice
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    I think # 9 Muqtabe could also be one to watch, hasn't ran since October, but right after his race in October he had two Bullet works then they gave up on him until May 15th and came back with a good work and has been working very well right up to this race and also has Espinoza riding so he looks worthy of a wager especially at 8/1 ML.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    InTheFog wrote: »
    I think # 9 Muqtabe could also be one to watch, hasn't ran since October, but right after his race in October he had two Bullet works then they gave up on him until May 15th and came back with a good work and has been working very well right up to this race and also has Espinoza riding so he looks worthy of a wager especially at 8/1 ML.

couldnt agree with you more Im on Pacific Halo Great Raid and Muqtabe.

Muqtabe watched his last two races in msw and ran very respectably definetly has a big shot at a nice price:smoking:
    edited July 2009
    thebox138 wrote: »
    Hey Husker what was the last race that Forest Sunrise ran on the site that I watch race replays its only showing a race last year msw on the turf that he was 86 to 1 in and didnt run a lick so i figured he has to show something else to warrant 7/2 2nd choice

Forest Sunrise last ran on May 15 @ Hollywood, finishing second. The horse that finished right behind him in third (Olympio's Jewel) has returned to win.

Check out Cal Racing for most of your replay needs.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    I can see the obvious but I want something where you read in between the lines and have a good shot of winning at some odds and today it's "Muqtabe" across the board.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Great Raid is likely to be the favorite here.
    I'll stick to a large win wager on Pacific Halo 2nd off the layoff.
    Don't wanna miss cashing on a horse cuz a longshot nabs second.
    edited July 2009
    InTheFog wrote: »

Great call on Muqtabe....he paid $11.80 to win