Horse Racing - Sunday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 2

#8 Rollers (2/1 ml)

Barclay Tagg firster worked a furlong in 10.1 prior to bringing $500,000 at the Fasig-Tipton sale. More important however is that he worked heads-up three straight times (twice from the gate) with the impressive maiden winner Big Truck. The bad news is, Big Truck got hammered on the toteboard (i believe he opened @ 2/5), and apparently Rollers' reputation precedes him because he's been installed as the 2/1 ml favorite. Not expecting much of a price here; i reserve the right to cancel this one.

Monmouth - Race 7

#6 Reata's Quik Punch (7/2 ml)

I got some interesting info on this filly after she had won her debut (not really at liberty to discuss it). Suffice to say she lived up to her billing, bet down to 3/5 first time out when posting an impressive win over Dagger, who came back to win her next start. Expecting a nice run out of this one.

Comments

• 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    Made that 4/5 look like good value.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2007
    Rollers wins @ $3.90
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    Got any picks for any later cards DC? About to head to a family party and will be out at the track afterwards.
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited September 2007
    DC....... is Augment worth a shot at a decent price today or are the top ones too good?
    edited September 2007
    Saratoga - Race 6

#2 Moon De French (7/2 ml)

Firster from the red-hot Mott/Zayat combo looks like a transfer from the Baffert barn, what with the Del Mar drills showing. More recently, she worked heads-up with Mott's stakes-type filly JZ Warrior (why that one isn't entered in the Spinaway today is anyone's guess). Hard not to like this one.

Dustin - Augment is nice, but i haven't gone over the race just yet. Obviously it's a tough spot. I'm very upset about Karazi not drawing in, btw.
    edited September 2007
    No problem. Sorry, lol. Didnt mean to rush you :). I just got a chance to look over the entries and some names tend to pop out :).

Ill keep an eye out for Karazi next out.
    edited September 2007
    Dustin,
    As far as the American contenders are concerned, Augment has got a shot. They are all pretty well matched. If Stoneside runs back to either of his last 3 European races, the race is for 2nd in here. He is just much classier than the field. Canani's only concern is the distance. The 1 1/8 mile distance is the one edge Augment should enjoy.
    edited September 2007
    Thank you very much for the input 2W. I appreciate all your contributions as well...... hope you know. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Nice run by Moon de French. Thanks again and again.
    edited September 2007
    Thanks again DC, for Moon de French

One more note on the Del Mar derby. I know DC expressed his disappointment about Karazi not getting in, but the connections of Ten a Penny are really bitter today for not getting in. They fell short by $250.
    edited September 2007
    Reata's Quik Punch went off @ 7/2 and ran third.

Moon De French wins @ $6.90

DY, do me a favor and PM me your phone #. I need to talk to you about something.
    edited September 2007
    Sent you a PM...... DC. Thanks.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    Thank you once again for posting today DC. I always appreciate your help.

Randy F
    edited September 2007
    Del Mar - Race 6

#5 Wild Diplomat (3/1 ml)

Ran a nice second off the bench to Barbecue Eddie, who came back to crush an allowance field not long ago. Continues to train well and should improve with the race under his belt.

Del Mar - Race 7

#10 Big Bertha (15/1 ml)

Beat a couple of very nice fillies going two turns on grass last time, and has trained wel on the poly so the surface switch shouldn't be a big issue. More concerned about her breaking from the 10-hole. Wide-open field here, but this horse certainly fits off her last race and the 15/1 ml is a joke. Value play.

Del Mar - Race 8

#12 Kazamira (12/1 ml)

Filly has been training sharply and looks to have some talent. Worth a shot at the price.
    edited September 2007
    Wild Diplomat went off @ 2/1 and ran out.

Big Bertha went off @ 12/1 and ran out.

Kazamira went off @ 5/2 and ran third.