Saratoga play from Discreet Picks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 8

#9 El Primero (12/1 ml)

This guy worked a furlong in 10.2 (one tick off the show's best) at Fasig-Tipton, and also worked heads-up with the exceptionally quick 2yo maiden Eightyfiveinafifty (currently injured, i think) back on June 27. He also worked heads-up on August 10 with Debbie's Fast Girl, who came out of that drill to win a two-turn allowance race on grass. Looks like a very live longshot.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    El Primero raced mid-pack before making a mild bid into and around the turn, but never really got close to the winner. Looked like she might finish second around midstretch, but he flattened out and finished off the board.

Updated HRT record:

60 for 216 (28%)

$516.40 mutuels ($8.61 avg)
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    El Primero raced mid-pack before making a mild bid into and around the turn, but never really got close to the winner. Looked like she might finish second around midstretch, but he flattened out and finished off the board.

Updated HRT record:

60 for 216 (28%)

$516.40 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

He's one to watch next out, with a better start and not losing ground like he did 4 wide all the way and 10 wide into the stretch, might get a decent price also.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Heads up DC, he looks to be entered right back in a MSW on Saturday's Woodward card.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, i hadn't seen that yet. The quick turnaround seems to indicate she came out of the race well. I'm inclined to toss the last effort due to the sloppy track, not that she ran excessively bad or anything.