Dc,any Oak Tree Or Meadowlands Angles?

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
dc any Santa Anita angles to be aware of in the first week? Trainers who will have there horses ready to run ..etc...?And also do you follow The Meadowlands Meet ?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2009
    I haven't followed the Meadowlands meet in years.

As for Santa Anita/Oak Tree, i'm not aware of any trainer angles, but obviously there will be a lot of high-caliber racing during the first week or two of the meet, as the local horses prepare for next month's Breeders Cup. Should be fun.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Thank God Fairplex is over!! :clap:
    edited September 2009
    Agreed, i hate Fairplex. I went 2-for-2 to start the meet, then lost the rest. Luckily i don't have a lot plays from there.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    DC baseball playoffs around the corner..any bets on who is going to win the NL and AL,Im heading to vegas and im wagering on some prop bets..By the way and suggestions on Breeders cup future wagering?
    edited September 2009
    I have a couple of ideas on Breeders Cup futures, but the main one I'm looking at right now (the Turf Sprint) hasn't been posted. I think both Hot Dixie Chick (6/1) and Beautician (10/1) are worth a look in the Juvenile Fillies, but the prices are kinda short considering neither one has been two turns yet, and you don't really know how they'll handle the surface change. If either one were heading straight into the race at those odds, I could give them the benefit of the doubt, but I believe they'll both run once more beforehand (meaning more opportunity for something to go wrong). Blind Luck is probably worth a look at 14/1 as well. D'Funnybone could be heading straight into the Juvenile (hasn't been announced yet whether he'll run in the Champagne or not), and if so he'd be worth a shot at his current 8/1 odds. I've seen no mention of his un-nominated status from his connections, so I may have been mistaken about that. And judging from everything I've read, they would likely supplement him anyway (if need be). Rip Van Winkle is an obvious contender for the Classic, but he's listed at 4/1 now and you can probably get that price (or even higher) on raceday. Mastercraftsman would be worth a look if he's announced for the race, but he hasn't been as of yet.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    DC im taking a flyer on Detroit winning it all?And im going with the Rockies to win the NL any thoughts
    edited October 2009
    Detroit seems highly unlikely. The Twins are giving them enough trouble right now.The Rockies are a nice enough team, and the NL does look pretty wide-open this year, so i guess i can't say anything too bad about them. Would lean to the Phillies or Dodgers though.