Super Saturday..

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Can Gio Ponti get beat?Is Music Note back on top pf her game?Can Summer Bird beat older horses?Is Fabulous Strike the fastest in the east?Dc great card at Belmont Saturday..Can Gio Ponti make a run at HOTY?Should be interesting..Ant thoughts?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Does he deserve to? Yes.

Will he? No.

Unless of course he were to run in the Classic, and then win it. Looks pretty doubtful from where i'm sitting, not that he isn't capable, but i reda a quote from Clement recently saying that they were using this race as a prep for the Breeders Cup. And since this is a 1 1/2-mile turf race, i'm guessing he was talking about the Turf and not the Classic. If he were to somehow demonstrate some distance limitations on Saturday, then perhaps he might be re-routed to the Classic, but right now i'd say the chances of a Gio Ponti's participation in the Classic are no better than 20% at best.

Great card, definitely loking forward to it.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Agreed that Gio Ponti is well deserving but highly unlikely.
    When was the last time a turf horse even won this?

As for the races, at an early glance, I feel Music Note and Gio Ponti will be extremely tough to defeat.

I've never been fully behind Summer Bird. I'll be looking for Macho Again or Quality Road to take him down.

I was hoping BetUS would release a future for ladies classic so I could hit Music Note before this weekend's run, but no dice.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    all along won the horse of the year she was a great mare
    edited October 2009
    Music Note is currently 12/1 @ Wynn, according to the latest sheet.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Music Note is currently 12/1 @ Wynn, according to the latest sheet.

I'd actually book that right now. There any way to wager online w the Wynn?
  • outofthecloudsoutoftheclouds Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    i really think summer bird and quality road will set it up for macho again.u know qr will not want to get locked down on the inside again and sb will not let him get away if he does qr will be gone.
    edited October 2009
    I believe the Wynn does have account wagering, but it's only for pari-mutuel horesracing. Any house-booked bet (like head-to-matchups or futures) would be considered a sports bet, so you wouldn't be able to do that witha horse betting account.