KEE R8 Breeder's Fut

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
2 of the Cali shippers look sharp here and should both love the added distance.

Make Music for Me
Second twice to Lookin at Lucky who came back to win.
Trainer commented multiple times how they cant wait to run him longer than a mile.
Good draw and Tyler went out there to ride him and Carlsbad.

Hurricane Ike
I'ved liked this one from his ultra impressive maiden score.
Threw in a clunker from a bounce and looked better last start after going extremely wide.
A better trip and the added distance might put this one in money at a big price.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2009
    I was on both Carlsbad and Make Musuc for Me.

I thought Carlsbad was home-free coming off the turn; i can't believe she got run down. That other horse is just a Keeneland freak, i guess.

Make Music for Me ran okay, but i was disappointed that he could only manage third. Both the wuinner and the runner-up ran great races though. Aikenite was really motoring late; could be a threat in the Juvenile.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    I was on both Carlsbad and Make Musuc for Me.

I thought Carlsbad was home-free coming off the turn; i can't believe she got run down. That other horse is just a Keeneland freak, i guess.

Make Music for Me ran okay, but i was disappointed that he could only manage third. Both the wuinner and the runner-up ran great races though. Aikenite was really motoring late; could be a threat in the Juvenile.

I was veryyy impressed by Aikenite. He really pulled together a massive stride those last couple hundred yards. Alot of money should be centered around Lookin at Lucky so Aikenite might go off at a descent price.

DC, I was also on Devil May Care yesterday and was happy to see her hold off Awesome Maria who was really getting to her (few more yards and she would have passed). Do you think she will have a descent shot in the filly division?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2009
    The final time of Devil May Care compared very favorably with the time colts ran in the Champagne a half-hour later. She looks like a contender (though I haven't read the post-race quotes yet to see if she's even coming), but my main concerns would be making her two-turn debut in the Breeders Cup while racing over a different surface (and one not really conducive to speed right now).