Zensational works in 1:10 3/5 from the gate

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Brisnet:

Zensational, who has swept the Pat O'Brien S. (G1), Bing Crosby H. (G1) and Triple Bend H. (G1), sizzled six furlongs in 1:10 3/5 from the gate in advance of the Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1).

The speedy gray sophomore drilled in company with the four-year-old El Martillo (Tiznow), who was clocked in 1:11 4/5 from the gate.

"The horses are right on schedule," said Baffert, Oak Tree's leader through 12 days with 10 wins from 32 starters, an average of 31 percent.

"I worked Zensational from the gate because he drew the one hole twice down at Del Mar and want to make sure he's comfortable. He flew out of there and cruised around the backside. I just wanted to wake him up."

In Zensational's last nine published workouts dating back to July 22, seven have been of the bullet variety.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    from Brisnet:

Zensational, who has swept the Pat O'Brien S. (G1), Bing Crosby H. (G1) and Triple Bend H. (G1), sizzled six furlongs in 1:10 3/5 from the gate in advance of the Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1).

The speedy gray sophomore drilled in company with the four-year-old El Martillo (Tiznow), who was clocked in 1:11 4/5 from the gate.

"The horses are right on schedule," said Baffert, Oak Tree's leader through 12 days with 10 wins from 32 starters, an average of 31 percent.

"I worked Zensational from the gate because he drew the one hole twice down at Del Mar and want to make sure he's comfortable. He flew out of there and cruised around the backside. I just wanted to wake him up."

In Zensational's last nine published workouts dating back to July 22, seven have been of the bullet variety.

Zen truly is a monster. I remember not too long ago Baffert talking about how they haven't even unleashed him yet.

To me, he seems like the most logical single at this time over BC weekend.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2009
    My only concern with Zensational right now is the surface. The latest version of Pro-Ride has been death on frontrunners. I'm crossing my fingers that will be corrected (by the maintainence crew) before Breeders Cup weekend. I think it's crystal-clear that Zensational is the best horse though.