Connie and Michael

2»

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    1:35.1 off the shelf, and came home 12.1, I think shes back.

fb
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    fbwinners wrote: »
    1:35.1 off the shelf, and came home 12.1, I think shes back.

fb

I would say so :toast:
    I actually took 1/2 on her and played her in exactas and tris (both of which i caught).
    Lowest price I've taken on a horse in awhile, prolly poor betting judgment and more sentimental than anything but hey, it paid off for once :clap:
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    what she win by??????
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    wire to wire.... charts say 5 1/4
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    She actually went off @ 1/5. Huge effort though. First start on real dirt, too.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    She actually went off @ 1/5. Huge effort though. First start on real dirt, too.

lol did not even notice that. Another huge last second drop.
    edited May 2010
    She is heading to face Blind Luck in the Mother Goose in June.

fb
    edited May 2010
    Interesting. I think i heard Devil May Care is pointing for that one as well.
    edited May 2010
    Thats correct, this will be one time you will get a price on her better than even money. If she beats DMC and BL she will be less than odds one the rest of the summer.

fb
    edited May 2010
    The Mother Goose is one turn, i think that'll help her chances tremendously.
    edited May 2010
    Trainer Todd Pletcher also confirmed May 21 that the filly Devil May Care, 10th in the Kentucky Derby, would not start in the Belmont Stakes and instead await the $250,000 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) June 26.
    edited July 2011
    Connie and Michael returns in a 7-furlong grassy optional claimer @ Belmont on Thursday. Interesting to note, she's a career 2-for-3 around one turn, with the only loss being a close second to an in-form Devil May Care @ 1 1/16 miles. She also ran well in her only prior grass appearance. Seems like a good spot for her.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    if i'm not mistaken, Connie & Michael is out of Roman Ruler, who has produce both dirt and grass graded winners. Clearly had physical issues and may need a race back. 7 furlongs appears to be in her wheel-house and can't leave her out. Should be a square price!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Connie And Michael is hooked pretty tough in her first race back on Thursday. Here is what little I know.

Brooklyn Boyz Stables owner Anthony Bonomo, Sr., dabbles mostly in clm and NY bred horses. About three years back he got hooked up with Kenny McPeek at one of the sales and ended up buying C&M. She turned out to be a good one, but McPeek had several other good ones, Beautician for example. C&M ran a game 2nd to Devil May Care in the 2010 Mother Goose. Thereafter, she was transferred to Dominick Schettino, who btw trains most of Boyz horses and who owner Bonomo's son is a asst. trainer. Makes sense, right?

She next appeared in the G1 Alabama where she hits the gate and sustains numerous injuries en route to finishing well back of Blind Luck and HDG. Your basic Rood & Riddle trip was next and she has been on the mend since. I am unable to pinpoint the exact nature of her injuries, as you know those things are kept close to the vest, but I am sure it was more than just bone chips, and probably involved ligament damage and possibly fractured bone.

She shows 4 works in prep for her return, 3 of which are damned good works and all are over the Belmont surface. She better be ready because she is in against some good ones, and note that none of the starters are in for the OC $50k tag.

Weaver sends in Ultimate Class who is a real threat, Chad Brown has a euro on 1st time lasix, and there is Honest Gold, and others!

Even if C&M runs back to her pre-injury form she will have her work cut out for her. M/L of 5/2 looks way to short to risk on first start back. That being said, she will probably wire the field!