Churchill Downs Sun. 2yr. olds

FirinredFirinred Junior Member
edited November 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
All races for 2 yr. olds. I need some insight on these babies. Post time 12:40. Iwill be there for the first race all help appreciated..

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    The one i was mostly looking at was Great Attack in Race 9. He ran off to an open-lengths win over Petecarol, who came out of that race to run second in a fast stakes race @ Laurel before shipping to Keeneland and scoring a sharp win on Wednesday. Great Attack also worked a best-of-51 buillet over the surface last month, so it appears that he likes Churchill (i believe his mom Cat Attack was a Churchill stakes winner for Lukas, but that's stretching my memory).

Btw, he was actually entered @ Santa Anita this past week, but was scratched by the stewards. No idea whether he shipped back-and-forth from Kentucky or not.

I was close to giving him out today, but i decided to pass the race because he seemed to go on the shelf for a bit after the impressive maiden win (no recorded workouts for a month afterward), combined with the fact that he's stretching out to 7 furlongs here and facing what appears to be a ton of early pace pressure. Wouldn't be surprised if he wins today, but the situation could be better.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Race 8
    #4 Tiz Miz Sue
    Quick filly has been impressive in all three starts. Hoping her debut shows she can rate just off the pace which is where she might be best here. Only big loss was to She Be Wild who is a major competitor for the 2yo filly bc juvy. Light layoff, good works, fair price.

Betting to win and small place wager.

Good luck.
    edited November 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Race 8
    #4 Tiz Miz Sue
    Quick filly has been impressive in all three starts. Hoping her debut shows she can rate just off the pace which is where she might be best here. Only big loss was to She Be Wild who is a major competitor for the 2yo filly bc juvy. Light layoff, good works, fair price.

Betting to win and small place wager.

Good luck.

Cooked herself out after a 45 half.
    edited November 2009
    Race 10
    #2 Call Shot
    Betting WP