Today
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Today

Will PP's be releasing tonight then FB?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    They should be up tonight on drf and brisnet.
    edited November 2009
    Final Entries Today; Post Position Draw on Live TV. It's finally time for the official entries to be released by Breeders' Cup. Today at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time (3:30 ET), HRTV will offer exclusive live coverage of the post position draw for both days of Breeders' Cup.

HRTV's coverage will unveil the final fields, and the network's on-air talent will provide analysis of each division. Morning lines will also be released..
    edited November 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Final Entries Today; Post Position Draw on Live TV. It's finally time for the official entries to be released by Breeders' Cup. Today at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time (3:30 ET), HRTV will offer exclusive live coverage of the post position draw for both days of Breeders' Cup.

HRTV's coverage will unveil the final fields, and the network's on-air talent will provide analysis of each division. Morning lines will also be released..

Are they drawing for EVERY race or just the major few? Do you know how long of a time block it is? I get out of my last class at 3. Hoping to catch the draw for most of this.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, thought it was tomorrow.
    edited November 2009
    DC, any idea why Crown of Thorns just drew for the Sprint?

Also, Im pretty upset Zensational drew the rail.
    Crown of Thorns is 12-1.
    edited November 2009
    He's not in the Dirt Mile??? I hadn't seen that yet. No idea.

Regarding Zensational, the rail draw isn't ideal, especially because he tends to break a bit slowly at times. But as long as he isn't impeded, he should still be able to scoot out to the lead and potentially go clear. A tardy break and perhaps getting buried in traffic would be my major concern there, not that i consider it probable or anything.
    edited November 2009
    He's not in the Dirt Mile??? I hadn't seen that yet. No idea.

Regarding Zensational, the rail draw isn't ideal, especially because he tends to break a bit slowly at times. But as long as he isn't impeded, he should still be able to scoot out to the lead and potentially go clear. A tardy break and perhaps getting buried in traffic would be my major concern there, not that i consider it probable or anything.

Nope. They just did Dirt Mile and he didnt draw.

I'm worried about combination of Zen on the rail with fatal bullet at his throat.
    edited November 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    DC, any idea why Crown of Thorns just drew for the Sprint?

Also, Im pretty upset Zensational drew the rail.
    Crown of Thorns is 12-1.

Mandella said he didn't want to face Mastercraftsman with such a inexprienced horse going two turns. Also watched COT last race and seems to be better than he first thought.

fb
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, he needs a tomato can like Zensational. Or perhaps Gayego, the horse who just beat him.

I can't figure it out. The only thing i can think of is that perhaps Mandella feels, at this moment, Crown of Thorns isn't ready to put forth his best effort at the longer distance. I did notice in reading Mike Welsch's clocker report that supposedly Crown of Thorns didn't gallop out to well in his latest drill. Maybe he's tiring late in his workouts, so Mandella is going with the shorter distance. Still seems eems awfully strange though. THe only good news is that i saved some money on Crown of Thorns future, which i had been kind of kicking myself for not taking (i believe he opened @ 20/1 around a month ago.)

Btw, here's an article on the Zensational rail draw, from Bloodhorse:

There were audible gasps of dismay when Zayat Stables’ Zensational drew the No. 1 post position for the $2-million Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I). The dominating, front-running, 7-5 morning favorite will have no room for error early in the six-furlong race Nov. 7 over Santa Anita Park’s Pro-Ride surface.

“Drawing the one, the break is important. He (jockey Victor Espinoza) is going to have to use him up a little bit more,” said Zensational’s Hall-of-Fame trainer, Bob Baffert Nov. 3. “All the speed horses are one, two (Cost of Freedom), three Fatal Bullet). If they hook up and go with me, then it could be disastrous. But that’s horse racing. You can’t worry about stuff like that. He’s doing well, and we’ll see how far he can take ’em."

A 3-year-old son of Unbridled's Song , Zensational is coming into to the Breeders’ Cup with a four-race win streak. The gray/roan ridgling's efforts include victories in the Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park, and the Bing Crosby (gr. I) and Pat O’Brien (gr. I) Stakes at Del Mar.

“We’ve always wanted to really turn him loose early, so I guess we’re going to turn him loose early,” Baffert said.

Godolphin Racing’s Gayego, who scored in the Oak Tree’s Ancient Title (gr. I) Oct. 9, has the No. 5 post position, and is the 5-2 second choice. Fatal Bullet, second in the Sprint last year, is 9-2 on the morning line. The 4-year-old gelding son of Red Bullet was Canada’s 2008 Horse of the Year and champion sprinter.

“I’m very happy with it (the draw),” said Fatal Bullet’s trainer, Reade Baker. “I didn’t want Zensational to be on the outside of me. I didn’t want him to cross over in front of me and stir my horse up. He (Zensational) drew the inside, and we’ll be able to track him.”