Biofuel Breeders Cup

rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Am I in the minority when I say Biofuel would have won the Juv. Fillies had it not been for the interference caused by Maragh's horse?

Also no one in the media reported that Biofuel's chances of winning were severely hampered by the interference.

Should Maragh not be suspended for this ride?

Thanks in advance for comments.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Hadn't seen this yet, thanks for the post.

Going to look at the replay now...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Wow, you may be right here. Hard to say. Biofuel was definitely compromised by that stretch incident, although i'm not sure if she would've gotten up with a clear run. It would've been close. What's perhaps just as important is how wide a trip she had. Lost a lot of ground trying to circle the large field on the outside, not that she had much choice. Heckuva performance.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to think so (maybe for the fact that I had Biofuel in my exacta box and would have cashed HUGE had he won or finished second).

He was really barreling down the stretch and Negligee just completely froze his momentum. I'll be looking for this one next time.

By the way, thanks for Biofuel FB, your heads up had me look deeper into him and use him. Even though he didn't cash he was a solid selection.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    i had this horse in a contest that i was in..lets just say i was not a maragh fan after he took that horse completely out of the race...20-1 also...i believe the horse would of got there but we will never know...
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the replies, Reade Baker is sending her to Gulfstream with his eye on the Kentucky Oaks in May. We'll have to keep an eye on the entries for her that's for sure.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'd like to think so (maybe for the fact that I had Biofuel in my exacta box and would have cashed HUGE had he won or finished second).

He was really barreling down the stretch and Negligee just completely froze his momentum. I'll be looking for this one next time.

By the way, thanks for Biofuel FB, your heads up had me look deeper into him and use him. Even though he didn't cash he was a solid selection.

I was pissed in a big way, she would of finished at least 2nd.

fb
    edited November 2009
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    I am likely biased but I agree with Baker, she was the best horse(imo) on that day.
    edited May 2010
    We all replied to this article, I post info all the time and get no reply. Don't let no replies stop you from posting good info.

fb